Welcome Guest

Businessex.Com
Home Article Starting Up Business Opportunity  5 Exciting Low Cost Businesses

5 Exciting Low Cost Businesses

A passion or a hobby can be turned into a high growth business venture, provided you have the right business acumen and funding

Tags: Low Cost Businesses

BY Entrepreneur  |  Nov 06, 2009 comments ( 45 ) |

If you are game for entrepreneurship, a passion or a hobby can be turned into a high growth business venture, provided you have the right business acumen and funding. However finance is one great deterrent for many aspiring entrepreneurs. Nevertheless not all businesses require startup investment in multiples of lakhs or crores. Low investment business models allow you to start your dream venture with a seed capital under Rs. 1 lakh.

One can begin with minimum infrastructure, even from home. Bootstrapping your entrepreneurial stint can be highly rewarding as your seed capital can come from your own savings or borrowing from friends and relatives. This saves you the arduous task of getting a loan from banks or other financial institutions.

Related: 10 Low Cost Business Ideas

Tank Cleaning

Business Model

Tank cleaning business is about providing safe and scientific solution for cleaning and disinfecting storage water tanks. The process involves professional cleaning of tanks using appropriate equipment and anti-bacterial agents. As Sunil Uplap, founder TanClean says, way back in 1995 when I started TanClean, tank cleaning was an unorganized process done manually. I started the business with a strong realization that these services can be professionalized using modern procedure and equipments.

Tank Cleaning can be set up in four verticals: residential, commercial, industrial or government set ups. A start up can start with one or all verticals.

Related: Top Low Cost Business Opportunities

Seed Capital

As Sunil Uplap says, one can start with an initial capital of 1.5 lakh. This is majorly invested on a computer, telephone and equipments. This is apart from the hiring cost of 3 -4 operators.

Breaking Even

The demand for tank cleaning services is concentrated in the urban areas. So profitability depends upon the area of operation. However it may take about 6 months to break even.

Online Ads

Business Model

The internet advertising market stands at a whopping Rs.600 crore and this is about 3 to 4% of the total advertising market. The business is about bringing together those with advertising space on the web and those who need it. As Kiran Gopinath of Ozone Media says, ‘We aggregate media inventory by partnering with online publishers and serve ads from advertisers targeting them to the audiences they are meant to reach. The whole process requires a technology called ad server.’ Venturing into this business, you need to have a strong understanding of online advertising, the internet and networking.

Startup Capital

This venture can be started with an initial investment of 3 lakh which includes the cost of office space, a computer and internet connection and also the salaries of people you employ.

Breaking Even

12 months

Meal Delivery Services

Business Model

Meal delivery service can be a viable business model for those who want gains without taking much pain. You have to tie up with local restaurants and hotels which do not have a delivery cell. You take orders from your customers and the order is forwarded to their preferred restaurant. Delivery boys collect the parcels from the restaurants and deliver them to the customer. This business model allows you to earn delivery charges from your customer in addition to the commission you charge from the restaurant. Pani Kumar Reddy of Dial a Meal says, one can earn a 10-15% commission from the restaurant.

Seed Capital

In the meal delivery business you need to invest on office space (you can also start from home), telephone connections, mobile phones and vehicles for delivery boys, brochures, leaflets etc. Salaries of your office boys will also count in your expenses. As Reddy says, ‘I started with an initial investment of Rs.1, 75000 and hired 22 boys. Today my net profit is about 98,000 per month.’

Related: Latest Franchise Articles and Information about Low Cost Franchise

Breaking Even:

4 to 5 months

Plan Trips

Business Model

If you have the wherewithal, passion and knowledge to offer personalized guidance for soft adventure trips, like rafting, trekking, angling (sport fishing), wildlife safari, birding, camping etc, this may be the entrepreneurial option for you. The crux of the business is developing itineraries for trips to exciting destination.

Says Sandeep Chakraborty of Outrigor, ‘This is a highly specialized and sophisticated service which is different from that of a tour operator’. Quite often I accompany my clients on their trips to help them make the most of the trip.’ One can also book hotels or resorts for clients depending on the preferences of clients. So you charge a fee from your clients and also a commission from the respective hotels or restaurants.

Startup Capital

One can start working from home initially with a computer with internet connection and phone. Besides one needs at least one vehicle to ferry clients. You will also need to keep a stock of equipments like binoculars, camping chairs, fishing equipment and tents. Besides as Sandeep informs, ‘Having a website is a must because it is the primary tool of marketing.’

Related: Here are 100 low cost Franchise opportunities

Break even

1- 2years.

Concierge Services

Business Model

Way back in 2005 when Arvind Pandey started Concierge4India, concierge services were only being provided by start hotels to their clients. ‘I had a strong inkling that the idea can work well with employees of MNCs as well,’ says Arvind. Today his persistence with the idea has paid off. The business model is quite simple. One has to tie up with HR departments of MNCs and set up a Concierge Services Centre on the campus. The company provides the infrastructure and also pays the salaries of the personnel you hire. Concierge service cover a gamut of services as under:

• Errand Service (Dry Cleaning, post office, banking, pharmacy, delivery etc.)
  • Child care service
  • Executive and Corporate Assistance (planning meetings, transporting clients etc.)
  • Office help: filing, organizing, faxing, copying
  • Planning parties (invitations, food and drink, decorating, music etc.)
  • Travel Service (Planning and Booking)
  • Pet care Service (feeding walks, grooming)
  • Relocating Services (evaluating homes and rentals, moving and storage arrangements, etc.)
  • Shopping Services (groceries, gifts, gift wrapping, etc.)

Start up Capital

One can start working from home with a personal computer and a phone connection.

Breaking Even

Breaking even may take you from 6-7 months to a year. A lot depends on your networking skills.

Please add your comment

Aas mohammad

May 15, 2015 at 12:21 pm

i m intersted to do bussiness in delhi ncr so lease send me which kind of bussiness i can do...

ramakrishna reddy

May 02, 2015 at 9:34 pm

i can interested online ads pls send me my mail id to the detais

banani dasgupta

April 24, 2015 at 1:41 pm

I am interested baby care or earnd service plz send me details

banani dasgupta

April 24, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I am interested baby care or earnd service plz send me details

madhavi

April 21, 2015 at 11:13 am

I am very much interested in tank cleaning and online ads. Plz send me the details sir

reshmi biswas

April 19, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I am badly interested in party planning and shopping services. so please send me the details regarding this.I am eagerly waiting for it.

sanu

April 17, 2015 at 11:45 pm

i want to start online ads and plan trips business. what are the requirements pls tell me? how to start it and when?also i want to detail of tank cleaner.....................please.

ritesh

April 17, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Hello, i am interested in food delivery and online add franchise... contact at riteshkhanna84@gmail.com

varun

April 08, 2015 at 11:06 am

sir I m ready 2 invest on tank cleaning business please send the details about it no 9738327851

prashant

April 07, 2015 at 3:50 pm

I M INTRESTED IN TRAVEL BUSINESS AND PLANNING BUSINEES SEND ME FULL DETAILS. - See more at: http://www.entrepreneurindia.com/article/starting-up/business-opportunity/5-Exciting-Low-Cost-Businesses-32/#sthash.me4Z8QFH.dpuf

Amit Singhania

April 06, 2015 at 4:07 pm

I M INTERESTED IN TANK CLEANING BUSINESS PLEASE SEND ME ALL THE DETAILS.

harsh

April 06, 2015 at 12:21 pm

i am intrested in tank cleaning and online ad business can u please provide me more details if possible...thnks for your advises

pradeep

April 01, 2015 at 1:09 pm

i am very much interested in online ads franchise, please send me the details to my mail...

MANISH MAHESHWARI

March 28, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Please send details for online advertising . please send me details 9929794743

Abhishek

March 27, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I am interested in trip planning business/franchise. Please send the details.

Rajeev Nayan

November 20, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Dear SirPlease send me your business purposal details.

sameer

November 15, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I am interested in tank cleaning business. please give details

surya

November 11, 2014 at 9:24 am

Am interested in online adds bussiness model ,please send full details about this business ,please send to mail please

mayank

November 11, 2014 at 12:26 am

I am interested in tank cleaning business, please provide full details of how to start the business

Nutan

November 09, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I a interested in trip planning and meal delivery franchise. Please send the details.Thanx

AJIT JAISWAL

May 27, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Sir please provide me the A-Z details of trip planning. I am looking forward for this an d will start as soon as you will provide me the details.

Biswajit Satpathy

September 13, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I am interested in Tank Cleaning business . Please send me details via email.

SHEKHAR

September 01, 2013 at 3:27 am

Dear Sir,we are distributing franchises in educational sector,if you are interested in setting up some institute without worrying about faculties,marketing,advertisement then do contact us.

imran

July 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I am interested in meal delivery and tank cleaning business.

shreekrishna patil

May 13, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I am intersted in tank cleaning methads.........please send mi the details

abhishek gupta

May 04, 2013 at 10:28 am

I M INTRESTED IN TRAVEL BUSINESS AND PLANNING BUSINEES SEND ME FULL DETAILS.

George

April 23, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I want two more about Trip Plan Business, can u pls mail me complet details about it.

prabhakaran

April 15, 2013 at 2:08 pm

please send the details of business

Naveen kumar Valluri

April 09, 2013 at 4:48 pm

pls give me the clear details for tank cleaning business

S.M.Hussain

February 17, 2013 at 4:08 pm

IAM INTERESTED IN TANK CLEANING SERVICES. PLEASE SEND FULL DETAILS.

chandra mouli

February 05, 2013 at 8:46 am

I am interested in tank cleaning process i hava completed my be(mechanical) in AP now i want to do any business pl send me the full details

vikash

January 22, 2013 at 12:15 am

I am interested in meal delivery please sent details how can i start this business as soon as possible. thanks

Anand Pasricha

December 22, 2012 at 12:51 am

i want to start meal delivery service and plan trips.what are the requirements please send me details as soon as possible\r\nthank you

Girish

December 07, 2012 at 3:27 am

want to know more about the online ads franchise please.

Bipul Kumar

September 22, 2012 at 10:19 am

it\'s Very interesting tank cleaning system , this is basic need of all user.Please share the details

prerna

August 28, 2012 at 1:18 pm

interested in tank cleaning services. give details.

Rahul

September 08, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I am interested in meal delivery services.. Pls send me the details

SANJEEV SHUKLA

September 02, 2011 at 4:56 pm

i want to start online ads and plan DIAL A MEAL business. what are the requirements pls tell me? how to start it and when?

MANISH

August 31, 2011 at 4:01 pm

iam intersted in conceirge service model and tank clean up, plz send details

dipak

July 20, 2011 at 6:55 am

v.suresh kumar reddy

July 08, 2011 at 7:28 am

INTERESTED IN TANKCLEANING SERVICES. PLEASE SEND FULL DETAILS.

pankaj

June 21, 2011 at 7:02 am

i want to know more about the online ads franchise please. furnish the details

nagaraju

June 05, 2011 at 11:57 pm

i want to know more about the online ads franchise please. furnish the details

pinkesh h shah

February 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm

I AM INTERESTED.PL.SEND ME DETAILS. contact member@franchiseindia.com

Nilabh Verma

May 07, 2010 at 12:34 am

I am interested.. Please send the details..

Rating
Not readable? Change text. Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)
  Notify me of follow up comments via e-mail   Subscribe for daily newsletter