How to write a job description?
Job Description gives a strong foundation to business
Jobs descriptions form an important part of the business operations. If the job descriptions are properly outlined then it helps in laying a strong foundation for the business to carry forward its operations and grow. It covers some of the critical aspects of the business venture like – clearly defined instructions on the ways to carry out the business; the mutually agreed upon duties between the employee and the employer and responsibilities and the expectations regarding the performance.
As an entrepreneur you cannot do away with job descriptions, it is vital that to know how to initiate the process of job descriptions, which may strengthen the base of the organization.
What you need to do?
The first thing the employee needs to do is to clearly outline the duties and responsibilities the employer is expected to discharge.
- Secondly, there should be a clear and a mutual understanding between both the employee and employer regarding the performing capacity of the employee and the expected output of the employer.
- Thirdly both the employee and employer needs to be in regular contact regarding the steps taken or the progress made towards achieving organizational objectives.
- Finally, a periodic review of the employee’s performance and comparing it with the expected output.
Here, are some of the tips that an employer may take to judge performance expectation
- Providing a desired designation, which may be favoured by the employees.
- A proper explanation of the job the employee is expected to carry out (which may include things like why the job is important, how it is in line with the achievement of the organizational goals; under whose supervision the employee will work and other important particulars.)
- The employer must focus his attention towards, what the employee is coming up in terms of the performances and not on his/her activities. Define what the employee is expected to do rather than how it is done.
- Be flexible.
Please add your comment
Disha MehtaAugust 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm
how to approach different companies to take this job?