No. of Franchise Outlets: Less than 10
Investment: Rs. 10,000 - Rs. 50,000
Jayaashree Industries brings franchise model for you with low investment...Read On!
One Indian social entrepreneur has given women from low income groups in India dignity, by making it possible for them to afford to buy sanitary towels and provide them with an income at the same time.
Arunachalam Murugananthamis the person who changed things. He created the world's first low-cost machine to produce sanitary towels. According to a report by market research group AC Nielsen, "Sanitary Protection: Every Woman's Health Right", 88% of women in India are driven to use ashes, newspapers, sand husks and dried leaves during their periods.
As a result of these unhygienic practices, more than 70% of women suffer from reproductive tract infections, increasing the risk of contracting associated cancers.
Muruganantham re-engineered a sanitary machine, and in 2006 it won the award for the best innovation for the betterment of society from the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai. Plus, he also received an Indian presidential award for innovation.
So far the company installed more than 1300 unit across 27 states of India and 7 other countries. Now Jayaashree Industries interested to appoint Franchise to distribute and train women group at all states of India.
A machine operator can learn the entire towel-making process in three hours and then employ three others to help with processing and distribution.
- Builds a viable and sustainable enterprise that can be run efficiently by the stakeholders at the grassroots.
- Delivers an essential commodity – the sanitary napkin – to poor women at affordable rates without compromising on the raw material used (which is not the unviable cotton) or quality of the product as compared to the multinationals. This is an extremely crucial development and can be viewed as a breakthrough in positive social engineering.
- Reduces the players involved in the supply chain – the third person to handle the product (from its inception) is the consumer.
- Thereby makes optimal use of the micro-credit generated by a community.
- An individual entrepreneur who invests fully in the adventure
- A person who already have a proven track record in similar business will be a plus
- A person sharing entrepreneurial values: curiosity, dynamism, team spirit and stubbornness
- Field assistance
- Manuals for understanding business
- Marketing & advertisement support
Opportunity is available, connect now to know more details & join us!
Team Jayaashree Industries