Choose the Right Medium
Have you ever seen ads of Google and cafe coffee day
Tags: Have you ever seen ads of Google, Starbucks, Café coffee day, and Haldiram’s on traditional media? You might have not! Simply because these companies do not market themselves using conventional methods what they do is promote their brands through new or a
Have you ever seen ads of Google, Starbucks, Café coffee day, and Haldiram’s on traditional media? You might have not! Simply because these companies do not market themselves using conventional methods what they do is promote their brands through new or alternative media. Digital media made brands like Facebook and Pagalguy an instant craze, whereas events have made brands like Filmfare, and Standard Chartered popular. PR has played a crucial role in establishing brands like Paris Hilton, Rakhi Sawant, Shilpa Shetty, and Art of Living.
Gone are the days when one was left with only the newspaper or television for marketing. Given that these traditional medium are rather expensive today’s entrepreneur has refreshingly many options at hand. More and more startups are getting on to use alternative media like twitter, facebook and the likes. However in this media galore it is very important to decide upon the right medium for the particular kind of product and for the specific set of customers.
9 Points to keep in mind before you decide on a medium
- Have a clear set of goals and objectives for your marketing campaign
- Define your market in terms of geography, culture, demographic cues
- Understand your customer inside out in terms of problems, likes, dislikes, preferences, etc.
- Address their needs not only through what you say but also through what you do.
- Be willing to experiment with various media options available and be quick in learning from mistakes.
- Be open to investing the requisite time and money as both of these are important.
- Spend time and research well to find the right media partner.
- Don’t expect results overnight and be consistent in your approach.
- Don’t believe that cheap is always popular.