Hotline No: 1800 103 2007

Welcome Guest

BusinessEx.Com

Popular Search:
Education Franchise, Retail, Food,
Franchise, School Franchise

Handy tips for home-based franchise

Tags: home based franchise, common slip-ups, franchisees, legal issues, home-based franchising, pricing strategy, web support

BY | February 03, 2010 | comments ( 27 ) |

Handy tips for home-based franchise

The practice of investing in a home based franchise has picked up speed in the last few years. If done cautiously, there are many benefits of working from home. Read on to know about the common slip-ups and their remedies

Taking a home-based franchise is the best alternative if you wish to manage a business from the comfort of your home. As more and more individuals are opting to work from their homes due to various family obligations; this concept has gained currency in India. Due to many advantages like low start-up cost, optimum flexibility, part or full-time working option and being one’s own boss, the home-based franchise offers many benefits. In spite of all its benefits, there are some common mistakes made by franchisees in selecting and managing a home-based franchise.

Slip-ups by the franchisees

Business is not a personal space: It is a well-known fact that mingling personal and business affairs can hamper the functioning of a business. A home-based franchise is not about running a business from home and at the same time one can be with family members simultaneously. Frequent interruptions from family can create havoc for performing business tasks efficiently. Moreover, flexibility afforded by having a home based franchise does not mean that there should be no schedule at all. Remember to make an office schedule separate from that of the home schedule and strictly adhere to it.

For this, it is imperative for the franchisees to have a separate office with the required set up for running the business successfully. Remember to treat your business professionally or no one will consider you professional. Clients visiting your work place should get the feel of a professional set-up.

Lack of considerations for legal issues: There are a lot of legal formalities that have to be taken care of before stepping into home-based franchising. For example, in India every state has different rules and regulations with respect to working from home or having a home-based business. Many franchisees take a home-based franchise without confirming its legality in their home town. Consequences have to be faced in case such a scenario exists. It is advisable to study the rules of the state, before investing in any home-based franchise.

Lack of management: One major shortcoming of this concept is the shortage of man-power. A home-based franchisee prefers to do multi-tasking in order to save money. This can be hazardous and might result in incomplete tasks or unfinished business.

Lack of seriousness in home-based franchise: A few franchisees invest in a home-based franchise believing that it would be easier to manage. Although there is more comfort in owning a home-based franchise, a franchisee can not totally disregard its seriousness. Moreover, remember to invest only in that concept in which you are interested. An entrepreneur needs to be passionate and optimistic about his business and can only succeed if he likes what he does. Therefore, taking a franchise just because it is home-based is not right.

Keeping low charges: As a strategy to attract footfall to their franchise, many franchisees keep the cost of their products and services very low.  But the month end’s tabulation of your sales may make you realise that you have not earned any profits, rather incurred losses. Prior to setting prices for products and services, franchise owners need to determine fair market pricing of the industry, and establish an optimum pricing strategy. Do not forget that incoming revenue is the financial nourishment to your home-based business in order to stay alive.

Lack of web support: In today’s times every business needs a website, more so a home-based franchise. A website is a powerful as well as a low-cost medium to reach out to the masses. Lot of franchisees do not realise that a home-based franchise needs a website than  any other franchise business because it is carried out from home where it has little scope to network with the external world. All franchisees should remember to make a website. The sooner you make one, the better it would be for your home-based franchise.

If you are also a prospective franchisee, aiming to manage a successful home-based business, this article can save you from many blunders that new franchisees make. Keep in mind the above slip-ups to own a successful home-based franchise.

Related Articles

• Set a home based franchise

Having a home based franchise offers an opportunity for comfort as you can work as per your convenience. Certain considerations must be taken before

By
  • A Prized Business

Franchising has emerged as one of the most prized business opportunities across the world in the last decade. Entrepreneurs are jostling to grab the

By Vishwa Sharva Dobhal

Please add your comment

Ajay Kumar
May 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Reply |

I have my own space , large enough to start a business, i am interested in home based franchisee , kindly guide me through this .....!

Jaiganesh
April 23, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Reply |

I would like to work in part time home business which will fetch me some good returns. I can 15-20 hours for a week. Please email me if there is any suitable home based internet business. Thanks in advance

anvekar
November 23, 2013 at 11:57 am

Reply |

Pls email me home based franchise and any low investment franchise. Computerbased thanks.

Harsh Kulshrestha
January 18, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Reply |

MXF is one of the best and easiest Home Based Business worldwide to earn $100 again and again.Call me for more details.

abha pandey
August 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Reply |

Let me know i would like to start home based franchisee business or low investment franchise can you give me most suitable suggestion and detail of the same regards abha pandey

sanjoo
July 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Reply |

iam intrested in this bus.. so plz give me detail via email...

sujith us
July 17, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Reply |

I would like to start home based franchisee business. Can you give most suitable suggestion and details of the same. Regards sujith kerala

dominic basu
July 10, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Reply |

please give more details about home base business via e mail.

ANIL KUMAR VATS
June 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

I AM INTERESTED IN HOME BASED FRANCHISE BUSINESS .PL GIVE MORE DETAILS

Vidya
May 29, 2012 at 11:14 am

Reply |

Hello, I have a website and would like to take up a franchise and operate from the comfort of my home. Pls suggest some excellent opportunities which will give me good profits on monthly basis.

Uttia Majumdar
May 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Reply |

I am interested in taking up home based franchisee. Can you please give me information on such franchisee opportunities.

jayashree
April 13, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Reply |

Hi, i have a dream to become of the best enterpreneur in biz industry and would like to even manage family responsibilities. Presently i am working with a private firm and earning around Rs.70,000.00 per month. Can you please suggest any home based franchisee opportunity that will earn me the same or more profit on monthly basis. I have my own independent home with a vacant pent house, i also have laptop with internet connection.

Rahul singh
April 09, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Reply |

i m interested to get the home based business franchisee which provide me great benefit if i operate that business plz suggest me some good opurtunities.

sanjay Itkyal
February 03, 2011 at 1:45 am

Reply |

I would like to now more about homebased franchises

haresh
January 29, 2011 at 6:09 am

Reply |

Hello sir, I bussess man My bussess all over india base ok i franchisor help to more people contec ok.

Dinesh Saili
December 29, 2010 at 7:50 am

Reply |

i am working with a NBFC and want to set up business for my wife who is MCOM and very keen to start some business. we ready to invest money depending upon opportunity but would like to start initially as home based enterpreneur. Pls suggest if something is possible under these limitations..

Anoop Kishore Bhatnagar
November 13, 2010 at 8:50 am

Reply |

Dear Abha, Please give me more tips on Home Based Business. I am planning to one very shortly. And Please........please do not start anything in the name of RS.

venkat
November 13, 2010 at 2:51 am

Reply |

sir,t I have computer,net connection, 2-3 extra rooms space in side house, in a high posh locality of chennai metro. only i can't invest lakhs of rupees, but bank gurantee can be given. with this facility, ley me know the opportunities for home based franchise/business.

Pijush Das
October 26, 2010 at 4:39 am

Reply |

I am interest you are business

shaibatul hamd nadeem
October 14, 2010 at 2:58 am

Reply |

I am 59 yrs yrs and have about 32 yrs exp. in marketing in FMCG products. Now iam based in Nagpur since 1997. Prior to this, i was in kolkata and was in charge of 5 States-WB. BIHAR, JHARGRAM, ORISSA AND ASSAM. In Nagpur iam work as a Manager in Pvt.Organisation. Iam looking for work from home which will give me a reasonable income.Please contact me.

AMIT ARORA
February 13, 2010 at 1:54 am

Reply |

I would like to start a home based franchise. please give me details about available franchise.

jasbeer singh
February 09, 2010 at 10:55 am

Reply |

I would like to start home based franchisee business. Can you give most suitable suggestion and details for Industrial hardware supplier items

THOMAS JACOB
February 06, 2010 at 12:12 am

Reply |

I would like to start home based franchisee business. Can you give most suitable suggestion and details of the same. Regards THOMAS JACOB

Geetha Murali
February 05, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Reply |

Please let me know the types of franchise available that may be home based ones.

vinod kumar
February 05, 2010 at 5:57 am

Reply |

i am instersted for send me more details

Anshu
February 05, 2010 at 4:26 am

Reply |

Do you have options for home-based franchisee..or other models where a retail outlet space is not required. In other words, where only Storage space is required (something like warehousing only)....Can reply back to anshukaul05@yahoo.co.in Thanks Anshu

sunil anand
February 03, 2010 at 12:10 pm

good informative artical

Rating

Not readable? Change text.

Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Daily Newsletter

Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities.

News More

September 19, 2014 16:48 IST

Hyatt to have 38 franchisee-run hotels

Hyatt Hotels Corporation will sell 38 select service hotels as franchises to a company organised by Lone Star Funds for about $590

BOS

Whats New More

Advisory

Succeed via social networking sites

Social networking sites are not merely a means of staying connected with your pals but a platform

Interviews More

International

Selling an aromatic experience

He was the man behind creating Di Bella Coffee in 2002. Phillip Di Bella, Chairman, Di Bella Coffee

Food Technology Show