Welcome Guest

BOS India's Biggest Franchise, Retail Expo & Conference - FRO2015

Popular Search:
Education Franchise, Retail, Food,
Franchise, School Franchise

Handy tips for home-based franchise

Tags: home based franchise, common slip-ups, franchisees, legal issues, home-based franchising, pricing strategy, web support

BY Abha Garyali | February 03, 2010 | comments ( 28 ) |

Handy tips for home-based franchise

The practice of investing in a home based franchise has picked up speed in the last few years. If done cautiously, there are many benefits of working from home. Read on to know about the common slip-ups and their remedies

Taking a home-based franchise is the best alternative if you wish to manage a business from the comfort of your home. As more and more individuals are opting to work from their homes due to various family obligations; this concept has gained currency in India. Due to many advantages like low start-up cost, optimum flexibility, part or full-time working option and being one’s own boss, the home-based franchise offers many benefits. In spite of all its benefits, there are some common mistakes made by franchisees in selecting and managing a home-based franchise.

Slip-ups by the franchisees

Business is not a personal space: It is a well-known fact that mingling personal and business affairs can hamper the functioning of a business. A home-based franchise is not about running a business from home and at the same time one can be with family members simultaneously. Frequent interruptions from family can create havoc for performing business tasks efficiently. Moreover, flexibility afforded by having a home based franchise does not mean that there should be no schedule at all. Remember to make an office schedule separate from that of the home schedule and strictly adhere to it.

For this, it is imperative for the franchisees to have a separate office with the required set up for running the business successfully. Remember to treat your business professionally or no one will consider you professional. Clients visiting your work place should get the feel of a professional set-up.

Lack of considerations for legal issues: There are a lot of legal formalities that have to be taken care of before stepping into home-based franchising. For example, in India every state has different rules and regulations with respect to working from home or having a home-based business. Many franchisees take a home-based franchise without confirming its legality in their home town. Consequences have to be faced in case such a scenario exists. It is advisable to study the rules of the state, before investing in any home-based franchise.

Lack of management: One major shortcoming of this concept is the shortage of man-power. A home-based franchisee prefers to do multi-tasking in order to save money. This can be hazardous and might result in incomplete tasks or unfinished business.

Lack of seriousness in home-based franchise: A few franchisees invest in a home-based franchise believing that it would be easier to manage. Although there is more comfort in owning a home-based franchise, a franchisee can not totally disregard its seriousness. Moreover, remember to invest only in that concept in which you are interested. An entrepreneur needs to be passionate and optimistic about his business and can only succeed if he likes what he does. Therefore, taking a franchise just because it is home-based is not right.

Keeping low charges: As a strategy to attract footfall to their franchise, many franchisees keep the cost of their products and services very low.  But the month end’s tabulation of your sales may make you realise that you have not earned any profits, rather incurred losses. Prior to setting prices for products and services, franchise owners need to determine fair market pricing of the industry, and establish an optimum pricing strategy. Do not forget that incoming revenue is the financial nourishment to your home-based business in order to stay alive.

Lack of web support: In today’s times every business needs a website, more so a home-based franchise. A website is a powerful as well as a low-cost medium to reach out to the masses. Lot of franchisees do not realise that a home-based franchise needs a website than  any other franchise business because it is carried out from home where it has little scope to network with the external world. All franchisees should remember to make a website. The sooner you make one, the better it would be for your home-based franchise.

If you are also a prospective franchisee, aiming to manage a successful home-based business, this article can save you from many blunders that new franchisees make. Keep in mind the above slip-ups to own a successful home-based franchise.

Don't Miss the Opportunity
World Franchise Congress
24 Nov 2015, Hotel Pullman, Aerocity, New Delhi.
Attend First global conference & master class on franchising.

Related Articles

• A Prized Business

Franchising has emerged as one of the most prized business opportunities across the world in the last decade. Entrepreneurs are jostling to grab the

By Vishwa Sharva Dobhal

Please add your comment

January 15, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Reply |

I would like to start a home based business. can anyone suggest me a good one.

Ajay Kumar
May 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Reply |

I have my own space , large enough to start a business, i am interested in home based franchisee , kindly guide me through this .....!

April 23, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Reply |

I would like to work in part time home business which will fetch me some good returns. I can 15-20 hours for a week. Please email me if there is any suitable home based internet business. Thanks in advance

November 23, 2013 at 11:57 am

Reply |

Pls email me home based franchise and any low investment franchise. Computerbased thanks.

Harsh Kulshrestha
January 18, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Reply |

MXF is one of the best and easiest Home Based Business worldwide to earn $100 again and again.Call me for more details.

abha pandey
August 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Reply |

Let me know i would like to start home based franchisee business or low investment franchise can you give me most suitable suggestion and detail of the same regards abha pandey

July 19, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Reply |

iam intrested in this bus.. so plz give me detail via email...

sujith us
July 17, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Reply |

I would like to start home based franchisee business. Can you give most suitable suggestion and details of the same. Regards sujith kerala

dominic basu
July 10, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Reply |

please give more details about home base business via e mail.

June 22, 2012 at 9:21 am

May 29, 2012 at 11:14 am

Reply |

Hello, I have a website and would like to take up a franchise and operate from the comfort of my home. Pls suggest some excellent opportunities which will give me good profits on monthly basis.

Uttia Majumdar
May 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Reply |

I am interested in taking up home based franchisee. Can you please give me information on such franchisee opportunities.

April 13, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Reply |

Hi, i have a dream to become of the best enterpreneur in biz industry and would like to even manage family responsibilities. Presently i am working with a private firm and earning around Rs.70,000.00 per month. Can you please suggest any home based franchisee opportunity that will earn me the same or more profit on monthly basis. I have my own independent home with a vacant pent house, i also have laptop with internet connection.

Rahul singh
April 09, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Reply |

i m interested to get the home based business franchisee which provide me great benefit if i operate that business plz suggest me some good opurtunities.

sanjay Itkyal
February 03, 2011 at 1:45 am

Reply |

I would like to now more about homebased franchises

January 29, 2011 at 6:09 am

Hello sir,
I bussess man My bussess all over india base ok i franchisor help to more people contec ok.

Dinesh Saili
December 29, 2010 at 7:50 am

Reply |

i am working with a NBFC and want to set up business for my wife who is MCOM and very keen to start some business. we ready to invest money depending upon opportunity but would like to start initially as home based enterpreneur. Pls suggest if something is possible under these limitations..

Anoop Kishore Bhatnagar
November 13, 2010 at 8:50 am

Dear Abha,

Please give me more tips on Home Based Business. I am planning to one very shortly. And Please........please do not start anything in the name of RS.

November 13, 2010 at 2:51 am

Reply |

sir,t I have computer,net connection, 2-3 extra rooms space in side house, in a high posh locality of chennai metro. only i can't invest lakhs of rupees, but bank gurantee can be given.
with this facility, ley me know the opportunities for home based franchise/business.

Pijush Das
October 26, 2010 at 4:39 am

Reply |

I am interest you are business

shaibatul hamd nadeem
October 14, 2010 at 2:58 am

Reply |

I am 59 yrs yrs and have about 32 yrs exp. in marketing in FMCG products. Now iam based in Nagpur since 1997. Prior to this, i was in kolkata and was in charge of 5 States-WB. BIHAR, JHARGRAM, ORISSA AND ASSAM. In Nagpur iam work as a Manager in Pvt.Organisation. Iam looking for work from home which will give me a reasonable income.Please contact me.

February 13, 2010 at 1:54 am

Reply |

I would like to start a home based franchise. please give me details about available franchise.

jasbeer singh
February 09, 2010 at 10:55 am

Reply |

I would like to start home based franchisee
business. Can you give most suitable suggestion
and details for Industrial hardware supplier items

February 06, 2010 at 12:12 am

Geetha Murali
February 05, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Reply |

Please let me know the types of franchise available that may be home based ones.

vinod kumar
February 05, 2010 at 5:57 am

Reply |

i am instersted for send me more details

February 05, 2010 at 4:26 am

Reply |

Do you have options for home-based franchisee..or other models where a retail outlet space is not required. In other words, where only Storage space is required (something like warehousing only)....Can reply back to anshukaul05@yahoo.co.in

sunil anand
February 03, 2010 at 12:10 pm

good informative artical

Not readable? Change text.

Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Daily Newsletter

Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities.

Smartschool Education Pvt Ltd
The Upper Crust Show

News More

November 25, 2015 17:56 IST

Footprints Childcare to open ten centres via

Footprints Childcare Pvt Ltd, a full-day child care and pre-school chain, is hoping to add up to a total of 10 centres by the end of

Whats New More

How To Market Your Brand Successfully

Marketing and sales are backbone of any business that involves communities and are the driving force

Interviews More

Generating prospects in telecom

Telecom industry is emerging as a new arena for franchising. Ashish Arora, CEO, Airtel explains how