Tried and tested by thousands of salons across the globe, SuperSalon is the touch screen Point of Sale solution that easily and conveniently manages wellness business.
From online check-in, fixing appointments, mobile apps, ongoing loyalty programmes, self check-in kiosks, digital display boards and much more, SuperSalon system is the perfect tool to help you grow your customer base in the fraction of a second. The comprehensive online back-office, accounting and inventory tools along with staff scheduling will make it easier to manage the business efficiently.
To bring to you the exact details about the company’s consumer base and business model, Wellness India talked to Ben B Singh, CEO of FirstPOS Retail Soft Solutions Pvt Ltd, who gave us a clear knowledge about the SuperSalon software and how it helped beauty professionals to organise their daily transactions.About Ben B Singh
Thus, in 2009, Singh had developed SuperSalon, a flagship product of FirstPoS Retail Soft Solutions India.
FirstPoS is a joint venture of Rogers Software Development Inc Fairbanks, Alaska, USA and InApp Information Technologies Pvt Ltd, Technopark, and Trivandrum, India.
FirstPoS provides end-to-end services for spas and salons which includes services from feature analysis, implementation, deployment, roll-out, training and support to maintenance. The Vision of FirstPoS is to provide full-featured, networked, flexible point-of-sale software and services for Spas and Salons in the South Asian Markets.
How SuperSalon works
Elaborating on the features of the software, Singh said, “SuperSalon has robust architecture and vast array of user-friendly features which makes it the most trusted name in Salon Management solutions. The software offers everything you need to manage your growing salon, spa and wellness centre or health club. Whether you’re an independent or part of a regional or national chain, SuperSalon’s point-of-sale software and mobile apps will help you manage every aspect of your business – from customer check-in to managing services and inventory to gathering customer feedback.”
- It includes Touch-Screen Kiosk to streamline customer service with easy-to-use self check-in kiosk.
- It eliminates bottlenecks at the register and lets your customer pick the services they want
- Ioffice and Ioffic2GO, which is the Cloud-based back office system that delivers robust reporting, complete payroll and inventory management, forecasting and more. iOffice is the secure, reliable back office manager for salon or spa.
- Centralised Customer Database that allows data sharing and management within multiple locations, provide outstanding customer service in whichever location the customer chooses.
- Video Menu Displays which showcases wait times, special offers, nearby salon’s services and more info about it.
- Mobile Apps allows customers to book, select services and choose their preferred stylist – all from the convenience of their mobile device or smart phone
- SalonCheckIn.com enables a busy customer to book and check-in as per his/her convenience from their favourite browser. It improves retention and customer loyalty.
- RateMyVisit.com, it’s one of the easiest and most convenient ways to get customer reviews, which gives your consumers a fast and easy way to provide you and your stylists, valuable feedback.
The high profile clientele
SuperSalon is one of the latest salon software systems in the market. However, it has already been licensed to thousands of national and regional salon chains which includes independent spas/salons and cosmetology schools in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
SuperSalon is used by some of the biggest names in the industry like SuperCuts, Vidal Sassoon, Lakmé, Naturals, Jawed Habib and Four Fountains, to name a few. The software was first installed by Lakmé in 2009. In fact, the SuperSalon software has been used first in the US market; it’s been prominently sworn by professionals for over 13 years now.
Sharing views on the software, Parag Kadam, IT Manager, Lakmé said, “We have implemented the software in all our centres across India, which is more than 230. So far, it is going great.”
Similarly, Franklin Bharat, IT Head, Naturals Salon shared, “We have installed this software in our 100 centres across India that includes over 60 centres in Tamil Nadu and more than 20 in Bengaluru. We are in association with this company for two years. The best part about it is that, in some places, Internet facility is weak, even then, billing could be done easily with this software and once the Internet pick-ups speed, it automatically upgrades the transaction.”
SuperSalon’s first customer was a salon franchise with presence in 100 locations across the country. The software gained popularity throughout the US market and soon spurred 8 years of over 100 per cent growth for Rogers Software Development. Currently, the software has been used in over 10,000 salons worldwide.
Scope of salon software in Indian wellness market
With changing dynamics of wellness industry and growing rage of technology across all sectors, specially the one which is heading towards organised market, the usage and implementation of software is high.
“Lakmé had approached us that is why we are nailing big. Now, we are eyeing at Tier II cities for further growth. Knowing the fact that the market there is not mature enough, SuperSalon has received great response in the cosmopolitan and metropolitan cities, which eventually encouraged us to branch out in small cities as well.”
Nevertheless, the company has high targets to expand its presence in the overseas market as well.
“FirstPOS is targeting South Asia and with all the leading edge technology built-in with SuperSalon, we are very confident to cater to world-class salons and spas,” said Singh.
He further concluded, “We have great targets, not only in India, but in the overseas markets as well. We have built a niche in United States, Kenya and the Middle East. In fact, the response in the United States of America is commendable.”