Spa business is known for offering rejuvenation and tranquility. In the business of rejuvenation, ambience and hygiene plays a pivotal role in lifting the standards of a spa.
Thus, hygiene should be given utmost importance as the person is exposed to many external factors and if hygiene is not accurate, then there are chances of getting infections and skin allergies.
Physical benefits of spa and wellness activities have been known to reduce stress and relax bodies, but from 2014, there has been a sharp focus on interweaving mindfulness techniques into these practices to help us reach a whole new place of serenity and calm.
One must take extra precautions and efforts to look after the cleanliness and hygiene factor for their clients. The person should ideally be stress free, at least about the Hygiene vertical.
Linen, bed covers, towels, steam units and sauna chamber should be fragrant and tidy. Although, cleanliness is a common thought and there are methods needed for proper sterilization and disinfection,depending on the type of equipment used and the germs you are trying to fight. Following precautions can be taken:
- One must always rearrange the bed linen for new client,like changing of bed sheet, putting up fresh flowers, candles in the room.
- Always provide fresh towel, hair shower cap and disposal underwear to the client.
- Use disposable ware for everything..
- Use fresh massaging oils, creams and scrubs.
- Clean all tools in soap and water before disinfecting them.
- Use only EPA-registered disinfectants that kill both tuberculosis (TB) and Polio.
- If you are using anything disposable, throw it away after one use. It can’t be disinfected.
- Never double-dip when waxing- no exceptions.
- Clean all work surfaces after your spa session is over and at the end of the day.
- Follow the directions on all disinfectant products.
Hygiene in spa business is not only limited to clothing, sheets, products, but the spa café’s as well. We at Pachouli have a Health lounge where we make sure that every drinking or eating utensil is cleaned. The floors are wiped with antiseptic cleaner every two hours as we serve healthy drinks like lemonade, Green tea, fruits etc to all our clients.
As far as technology is concerned, these days spas have become more hi-tech like there are proper spa relaxations techniques and equipment’s available to help induce relaxation which are handy and easy to use as well.
- Hot stone therapy is the talk of the town where in volcanic stones are projected under thermally controlled temperatures to heat them and massaged all over the spine for pains and relieving muscle tension.
- Usage of electronicZimmi's for stimulation of pressure points is very relaxing and rejuvenating the muscles.
- Electronic hot plates are used to heat the oil and potlis for Ayurvedic massages to relax is another use of technology.
- Also in the spas the infrared based spa beds are available with which the relaxation is deeper, and blood circulation improves and throws away the toxins of the body. Helps person to rejuvenate and reduce the muscle spasm. Infra red sauna and therapy beds are excellent for people with chronic pains, arthritis, varicose veins and many other medical conditions and the best part about them is that they have temperature controlled and one can easily variate the temperature as per the weather.
- Electronic vibrators and stimulators are very quick and handy to release muscle tension and relieve the pains one gets after long sitting on computer and gadgets.
- Also, most of the top class spas have their own App’s made so that booking for a spa session or any other treatment is easier. We at Pachouli Spa also provide you the facility of booking an appointment via App. Getting appointment is no more a task these days with the technology. Rather calling at the centre, one can have a detailed description about the treatments over that app so as to make it convenient for the customer to understand the details and book the treatment according to their need.