Delhi-based make-up artist Preeti Dahiya has shared DIY make-up steps to create trendy look to flaunt on beach party or pool side gathering.
With the scorching high temperature, the perfect way to beat the heat during summer weekend is to through a beach orpool side party. Infact, it’s the ultimate way of indulgence and combating heat. Whether hitting the beach party or a pool side get-together, put your best face forward by with these simple DIY high quality water proof make up steps, designed to be heat and waterproof to keep you look gorgeous even when you are enjoying a dip or a splash in the water.
Usually women don’t bother their make-up during hot summers. In fact, this will in turn make their face more vulnerable to the damaging effect of water stress and UV rays. With no barrier between the skin and the water, UV radiations and the chemicals in the water can directly sink into the skin leading to damaging allergies and tanning. To prevent this never step out with a bare or raw face.
1. Before you apply any make up, slather on a light moisturiser, followed by a generous coat of sunscreen with SPF20 at least. Give it minimum 20 minutes to soak into the skin and get dry properly to apply next round of make-up products.
2. Dab a little silicon-based primer on the eyelids and lips. This will help in keeping the lipstick and eye make-up last throughout the day.
3. It’s better to avoid applying any cream or greasy product like a foundation or concealer, after all its going to smudge almost instantly once you dive in the pool. If you absolutely can't imagine going without coverage, invest in a good quality water resistant and water proof foundation and concealer. Apply a liberal amount of it on the face and blend it well before hitting the pool or beach.
4. If you need to cover a blemish, dark circles or redness on the face, apply a full cover concealer for a beautiful, natural coverage that will last even when you are busy submerging into the water.
5. Accentuate your sun kissed looked with an oil free bronzer that can withstand the humid weather. Choose a bronzerin a shade that looks natural tan and at the same time enhance your skin tone. Dust the bronzer on your eyelids, right above your cheek bones, and on the apples of the cheeks along with a little amount on your forehead, temples, and chin. Follow with a tiny bit of pink powder blush on the cheeks.
6. Next is, prep your eyes by using water-resistant colour eye shadow. To apply, use an eyebrow brush and brush a little of waterproof cream or powder eye shadow over each eyelid.
7. Don’t forget to lay emphasis on the brows. You can choose a water proof eye brow powder that stays even when youdive into the pool. The waterproof formula is great for fillingin eyebrows with natural definition or subtly emphasizing key points.
8. For a perfect cat’s eye look, streak a waterproof, silicon-based eyeliner right above your lashes. To get dark glamour lashes, use normal mascara as usual and apply waterproof mascara as the top coat.
9. And last but not the least, consider using a versatile lip stain- something that works equally well on cheeks as it does on the lips. You can also use a matte lipstick in bright colours like cherry red or vibrant rich fuchsia, which will flatter tan and pink cheeks.
10. For your rosy cheeks paint a little bit of lip satin onto twoof your fingers and then tap it onto your cheeks. Start in the middle of the cheeks, patting outwards so that you get a rosy flush that doesn’t look fake or smeared.
11. There is no denying fact that for a complete beach look, it is important to incorporate a few trendy accessories including a pair of sun glasses, a sturdy bag to complement theoutfit, a hat to shade you from the sun and a chic scarf. It isimportant to invest in minimal jewellery, instead accessories hair to add some fun to the overall look.