The healthcare map is based on search data from Practo which has nearly 40 million appointments per year and over 75M searches across 200,000 doctors and over 200 specialties.
Asia’s leading healthcare platform - Practo has released its annual healthcare findings – The Practo Healthcare Map of India 2015. Aimed to highlight the key healthcare concerns, the annual report highlights the fastest growing concerns to enable the healthcare industry focus on the illness types that ail the largest population of the country to address it pro-actively, to avoid future challenges.
Based on the personal search data of the start-up firm which has nearly 40 million appointments per year and over 75 million searches across 2,00,000 doctors and over 200 specialties.
The top searched specialties include Dentists, ENT, Paediatrician, Gastroenterologists and Cardiologists. Here is the key finding of the annual Healthcare Map of India 2015
• Overall India: Total search volume grew over 9x to 10M+ searches a month. The fastest growing searched specialties are:
- Gastroenterologists: 204 per cent
- Cardiologists: 163 per cent
- ENT: 142 per cent
- Paediatricians: 126 per cent
- Dentists: 109 per cent
• Tier I: Growth in top searched specialties in Bengaluru, New Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and Hyderabad
- Gastroenterologist: 255 per cent
- ENT: 235 per cent
- Dentist: 159 per cent
- Cardiologist: 155 per cent
- Pediatrician: 152 per cent
• Tier II&III: Growth in top searched specialties in cities including Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Baroda, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chittagong, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Gwalior, Gandhinagar, Haridwar, Howrah, Hubli, Indore, Jaipur,Jodhpur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Kanpur, Kohlapur, Kochi, Kolkatta, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Meerut, Mysuru, Nagpur, Nashik, Patna,Pondicherry, Roorkee, Ranchi, Raipur Secunderabad, Surat, Trivandrum, Tirupati, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam.
- Gastroenterologist: 201 per cent
- Cardiologist: 183 per cent
- ENT: 147 per cent
- Neurologist: 133 per cent
- Pediatrician: 130 per cent
Though, Practo is present only in over 35 cities across India, they have search volume that comes from across India as people continue to look for doctors in large cities/urban centers.
The Bengaluru-based start-up aims to help improve human longevity by simplifying healthcare.