A proven model and the support of a parent company give franchise businesses an edge over new startups, so it's not hard to see why this option is so appealing.
Potential entrepreneurs, who want to run their business independently sans the fear of converting their ideas into reality from scratch, often choose franchising route to attain their futuristic goals. A sure shot business model backed by a well-experienced parent company gives franchise business an edge to get clarity over a business venture.
However, taking franchise is not as easy as it seems, nor it is as difficult as few assume. Before taking adequate steps of foraying into franchise business, one must always think of certain pre- pointers in mind, which includes:
1. If opt for a service delivery franchise of spa, then one must take and feel the kind of services given should complement the customer preference and to ensure that, must try the service once experience the service.
2. One must also look forward to meet the people of right mindset and attitude to understand the wellness franchise well.
3. The franchisor should be enthusiastic and courageous enough about his/her brand; it’s more of compatibility with the brand as well as the manpower. The rapport one has with employees and staff around would take the venture towards the glory of success.
4. Infrastructure and ambiance are secondary things; one must look at the relation the staff shares with the owner and co-employees.
5. Loyalty of customers and employees will give a clear picture of a brand’s presence in the region/country.
6. Technology is advancing so one must look for customer feedback and reviews to know the popularity of a brand.
Candidates should look for companies that truly invest in their franchisees and carefully select who they allow to become franchise partners. Although, a franchisor could accept everyone, franchises that are selective about quality franchisees to carry their brand vision, are better-suited for long-term stability.
The owner of the brand should always transfer/give franchise to people who have:
1. Enough knowledge about the intricacies of spa and service industry
2. If they have prior experience, then it’s an added advantage
3. Should have the optimum space required to open the franchise centre
4. Should have a great corporate and well-trained staff
5. Should provide all services at par level, which should be equivalent to the brand’s main centre
6. Should provide similar prices and offers as main centre
7. Should contain all the original products that are being used at the main centre
8. Should maintain the quality and value for money equally
This article is written by Preeti Seth, Co-Owner, Pachouli Spa & Wellness Destination, New Delhi, as per her personal experience and research.