Beat the aftermaths of harmful UV rays of sun by following these simple yet quick home remedies and get rid of tanning.
Summer can play havoc with the skin by causing tanning and burns. Even after applying layers of sunscreen, it’s hard to protect your skin from harmful UV rays and escape tanning during summers. Follow these quick five treatments for summer skin care and flaunt the flaw-less skin.
1) Homemade packs and scrubs can be used as an effective anti-tan measure. Combinations include packs made of lime juice with honey; lime juice with turmeric and milk; lime juice with cucumber juice and rose water. Scrubs can be made with oatmeal, yogurt, gram flour, tomato juice and lime juice as the key ingredients. Lime juice and tomato juice act as natural de pigmenting agents whereas yogurt, honey and the others are hydrating agents.
2) In case the tan is severe, treatments at a clinic can be carried out. These include microdermabrasion, superficial chemical peels and various lasers, which can exfoliate the superficial layer of skin and bring out a brighter newer surface from within.
3) Various creams and serums can be also used in combination with the above to get rid of the tan. Kojic acid, licorice, glycolic acid with a generous amount of hyaluronic will lighten the skin as well hydrate it in case of any damage after the sun exposure. Visit your nearest dermatologist for a prescription.
4) Antioxidants either consumed in diet or in form of medication as well as applied topically can help to reduce the pigmentation and brighten the skin internally.
5) Slather on the sunscreen. When applied at regular intervals, it helps in preventing tan to an extent and also heals the skin after the sun damage has taken place.
The article is written by Dr Akriti Mehra, MD, Dermatologist Enhance Clinics and is based on her personal views and research.