IL&FS and NSDC plans to enter into a JV
Hotline: 1800 102 2007
X
Search Business Opportunities
2010-10-07

IL&FS and NSDC plans to enter into a JV

With an aim to develop skilled and trained workers for the various sections like leather, textile and general engineering, the small and medium enterprise arm of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Ser

With an aim to develop skilled and trained workers for the various sections like leather, textile and general engineering, the small and medium enterprise arm of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) is in talks with the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to set up a joint venture under which 100 skill development centers will be developed over the next seven years spread across the country.

The JV aims to train 1.94 workers which are expected to give a boost to NSDC’s mandate to create 150 million employable youth by 2022.

Earlier, NSDC announced its plans to form a JV with Bharti Group’s Centum Learning, under the agreement, 383 training centers were to be established through out the country and aims to train 11.5 million people.

Established by the finance ministry, NSDC is a not-for-profit organisation to lift private sector participation in manpower training for the 21 sectors identified by the government. The government holds 49 per cent stake in NSDC, the rest stake of 51 per cent is with private sector and trade and industry bodies – Assocham, CII and FIICI and Nasscom joined NSDC as a shareholder.

Related opportunities
  • Beauty Salons
    About Us: Instyle salon is a premium unisex salon based at..
    Locations looking for expansion Delhi
    Establishment year 2009
    Franchising Launch Date 2017
    Investment size Rs. 50lac - 1 Cr.
    Space required 1800
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater New delhi Delhi
  • Express Food Joints / Drive Through
    About Us: Situated along the NH 58 near Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh,..
    Locations looking for expansion Delhi
    Establishment year 1950
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 2 Cr. - 5 Cr
    Space required 8000
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater New delhi Delhi
  • Fine Dine Restaurants
    About Us: The "Just" in our Name "Just Falafel" has always..
    Locations looking for expansion Maharashtra
    Establishment year 2017
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 30lac - 50lac
    Space required 100
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit, Multiunit
    Headquater Mumbai City Maharashtra
  • Multi Cuisine Restaurant
    About Us: Shaking up the traditional food & drink space with..
    Locations looking for expansion Gujarat
    Establishment year 2004
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 1 Cr. - 2 Cr
    Space required 3000
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Ahmedabad Gujarat
Insta-Subscribe to
The Franchising World
Magazine
For hassle free instant subscription, just give your number and email id and our customer care agent will get in touch with you
OR Click here to Subscribe Online
Daily Updates
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities

Free Advice - Ask Our Experts