With the digital amalgamation in every sector of commerce, it is important to be a pro in promoting your business online. Gone are the days when customers would cover miles to visit your store. E-commerce with its booming and expanding reach has earned the reputation of easy and stay-at-home access to a plethora of items that the market has to offer. Nowadays promoting online business is like wearing an oxygen mask to significantly take care of your offline consumers. If you are at the initial stage of your e-commerce business, here are a few simple ways to keep it under your hands.
- SEO - Search Engine Optimization is the best way to boost the traffic on your website. That means, more people will be connected to your business. Using appropriate and trending keywords on your website will slowly give your ranking a higher rank in the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). This will help you in enlisting your website ranking in the web pages occurs ahead of other websites .when searched with the keyword query. Apparently, extending your reach amongst your audience.
- Social Media and Campaigns - Social media is a platform where all other platforms merge and extract benefits from their businesses. Marketing your business on social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and many more, provides you with unlimited exposure to the audience with less cost.
Campaigns are an integral part of the social media, making your content ridden schemes more engaging with the customers. Make sure your campaigns are convincing and should connect to the consumers immediately. This indeed t helps in increasing the wave of the graph of your e-commerce business.
- Content marketing strategy - The essence of any e-commerce business is its content. It should be an integral part of any of your marketing strategies. We cannot limit the content marketing strategy to only creating, distributing and sharing but it should generate engaging audience and popularity. However, a strategic approach which analyses the buyer’s journey is what makes it effective for the e-commerce business to succeed. This will help you anticipate changes in the industry; evaluate the target audience, their choices and preferences at that moment.
- Reviews - The credibility of your website increases when some experts present their views on the business or the product or anything that you are catering to the audience. There is no use of boasting about your business without any credibility. What attracts people more is what knowledgeable people are saying about your business and how they perceive it. Favourable reviews from them will encourage the buyers to participate more in your business and will drive more traffic to your site.
- Paid Promotions - At the age of having millions of subscribers and followers on a single page, we cannot neglect the significance of marketing e-commerce business. Unless your content is as famous as any of Apple’s launch event, there will be times when you have to pay some cost to boost your online business. It can be in various ways either you pay it on the basis of ‘per click’ or the keywords that relate the most to your content. As the market demands business to be active online, giving a hike to your e-commerce business with paid promotions is not a bad idea.
Nowadays, customers trade convenience in exchange for capital. They need everything right on a click and e-commerce is that building block which serves your customers as per their needs. It is the flexibility and readiness of the e-commerce industry, which differentiates itself from the traditional brick and mortar business. Bottom line-Make sure you don’t bombard the audience with your messages else you might lose the connection.
This article is written by Mr Ramesh Kaushik, Vice President, Brand Experience, Blackberrys Menswear.