If you’re a budding entrepreneur who aspires to own a franchise, here we present the best 10 franchise opportunities to explore in India.
According to a market report, the franchised businesses have captured a market size of $7.2 billion with an annual growth rate of 30%. In India, approximately 1.5 million people are employed by franchised businesses. Moreover, as per estimates, almost 35% of all franchise buyers are first-timers in business. This means that franchise opportunities presently act as a gateway for first-time entrepreneurs.
The above-mentioned data shows us the potential of the franchising industry. So, if you’re a budding entrepreneur who aspires to own a franchise, here we present the best 10 franchise opportunities to explore in India.
Dessertino is a venture of Santushti Shakes Pvt Ltd that was founded to serve world-class milkshakes. Working upon founding principles-quality, variety and value for money Dessertino offer six different products under a single brand, thick shakes, milkshakes, ice creams, waffles, kulfi, greek yogurt and lassi.
Based out of Vadodara, Dessertino is a famous name in the market of Gujarat with its over 33 outlets (only 1 is company-owned and 32 are franchise-owned) and recently the brand has opened outlets in Dubai, UAE also.
1. Using its own concentrates no chemicals only naturals.
2. R&D centre at Italy, Europe.
3. Imported technology coupled with customised machines.
4. Zero ice-cream, zero ice crystals
Master Franchise – Area required is 1500 sq ft & investment is Rs 70-90 lakh
Unit Franchise - Area required is 200-250 sq ft & investment is Rs 9.99 lakh
Launched in 1920, Duckback a pre-independence nationalist venture is India’s iconic brand for rainwear, luggage, footwear & more, started in Kolkata. Duckback India Ltd is poised for growth under the leadership of CA OP Saxena. As a brand, Duckback pioneered the concept of waterproof rainwear in India. It gradually became a popular brand and launched many other products for everyday needs thereafter. The brand is the hallmark of quality, trust and durability.
1. Brand building-continual marketing/promotion and establishing brand differentiation pays greater returns in the long run
2. Customer intimacy-customer delight in all touchpoints and strong turnaround and resolution drives brand royalty
3. Innovation/economies of scale-product enrichment and meeting the demands of the evolving market are key to sustenance and growth
4. Channel standardization/consistency-strong brand uniformity and operational process across partner network enables ease of purchase/communication and sustained relationship
Investment – Rs 11 lakh
Area – 315 sq ft
Franchise Fee – Rs 1 lakh
Payback Period – 2 years 1 month
Mithaas began its journey in 2012 and held its position as a consistent leader in being a maker of delectable sweets & traditional food for nearly 8 years. It thrives on the simplicity and authenticity that has been built over the years because of the supreme quality of its products.
Mithaas Sweets is one of the few stores in the city where specialty sweets, specific to popular festivals and its celebrations are available, which makes it a popular mithai-destination.
1. Over 8 years of legacy
2. Offering FICO, FOCO & FOFO model
3. More than 12 outlets running successfully
4. India’s very own brand that is trusted for its quality, authenticity and delicious experience
Franchise Fees – Rs 30 lakh
Architect Fees – Rs 5 lakh
ERP Fees – Rs 5 lakh
Investment Size – Rs 6500/sq ft
Sanjivani Tea Private Limited is a fast-growing tea manufacturing company based in India. Before starting this company, the promoters were carrying the tea business is a proprietary firm named M/s Assam Tea store.
M/s Assam Tea store started its business as a retail tea shop at Chandausi (Uttar Pradesh) in 1975 with the brand name “Sanjivani”. Now, Sanjivani Tea Private Limited would like to scale up its business by franchising its brand “Chai Ghar”.
Started operations in 2019, the brand is operational with 9 outlets.
1. Fresh Budget Tea
2. Hygienic, healthy and fresh snacks
3. Different variety of teas available
Area – 200-350 sq ft
Investment – Rs 6-14 lakh
Franchise Fee – Rs 1.75-3 lakh
Ghasitaram endeavors to make the world savor and relish the rich Indian heritage in food delicacies, food that tickles the palates of consumers across the world. In this quest, Ghasitaram aspires to serve delicious, nutritious and convenient food to consumers.
Presently, Ghasitaram has 12 branches in & around Mumbai. The brand exports its product to the USA, Canada, Australia, UAE, South Africa, Hong Kong, Singapore and many more.
1. The brand offers over 500 items
2. All products are manufactured at the company’s state of the art facility with centralised kitchen at Mahim in Mumbai, under most hygienic conditions using selected raw materials, superior-quality ingredients and pure ghee
Model – Restaurant/QSR/Shop
Area – 300-1100 sq ft
Investment – Rs 10-27 lakh
Franchise Fee – Rs 3-8 lakh
Master Rights – Rs 35 lakh
PPA is a premier commerce academy from Maharashtra since 2002.
Established in 2002, Panchakshari’s Professional Academy (PPA), ISO Certified is a premier commerce academy based in Nashik, Maharashtra. As an academy, PPA follows Stringent Quality Parameters for achieving excellence in education.
1. A well established and reputed name in professional education coaching
2. Successfully operating multiple academies in and around Nashik
3. Franchise model available in FOCO format
Investment – Rs 23 lakh
Franchise Fee – Rs 5 lakh
Area – 1300 sq ft
ROI – 102%
Payback – 2 years 2 months
Pro India, started on the world environment day in 2018, has its franchise partners in northern (3) and western (4) regions of India. Pro India is a responsible and profitable business opportunity.
Pro India is in the process of creating extended producer responsibility for plastic waste in India. Eventually, it would enable producers in collecting and treating the waste generated or meeting a legal obligation to finance such activities. The company intends to make India plastic pollution-free while extracting value from plastic waste at the same time. Also, the goal is to uplift the life of waste pickers.
Looking out partners in
Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jaipur
Delhi NCR, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore
Investment – Rs 38 lakh
Payback Period – 1 year 10 months
PotsandPans.in India brings a multitude of avant-garde kitchen utensils and tools that will make your culinary experience delightful and exceptional. Meyer Corporation and its affiliates develop, manufacture and distribute high-quality kitchenware.
1. 100% stock correction (Investor has a 0% risk for carrying the stock)
2. Extensive digital/social media marketing support from the brand in terms of store awareness
3. Radio Ad’s to be aligned with launch along with two additional ad’s to be aligned according to the festival season
Investment – Rs 23 lakh
Franchise Fee – Rs 3 lakh
Area – 500 sq ft
Payback – 18 months
Colive is a modern form of housing where residents share living spaces, a set of interests, values and intentions. It is an intentional community that provides shared housing for people. Colive can be considered to be the conjunction of two aspects of people living together, the physical space, the shared values and philosophy.
Colive is looking for space for its franchise operations in Tier 1 & 2 cities.
1. Colive to lend its tech platform, inventory & customer app
2. Colive to take 40% risk of not making any money
3. Colive to do sales & marketing
4. 360-degree management and operational support
5. Assured lifelong rental income
Area – 40,000-70,000 sq ft
Investment – Rs 5-15 crore
Expansion – Bhubaneshwar, Manipal, Cochin, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Raipur, Vizag, Coimbatore, Indore, Guwahati
Mindcom Campus Management System offers a comprehensive web-based solution to play-schools, schools, colleges and universities. Extensive work done by its research team has enabled it to identify the most important needs of your institution in day-to-day operations. Hence, the brand has designed to automate a host of modules catering to the needs of the entire spectrum of educational institutions from playschool to school to higher educational institutes like colleges and universities.
Mindcom Consulting Services Pvt Ltd is a niche consulting company specializing in ERP for mid-size companies. It helps the organization in seamless implementation of the ERP by evaluating and facilitating all related organizational changes. Furthermore, it helps in streamlining the engineering service, supply chain management and provides industrial commodity management services.
The company is a member of the NASSCOM and Indo American Chamber of Commerce & the head office is in Bengaluru.
Area – 300-600 sq ft (based on cities)
Investment – Rs 2.5-5 lakh
Payback Period – 3 months-1.2 years