The Internet has emerged as the most preferred source of information over the years owing to its huge mass appeal. This is especially true in the case of online marketing. Being a prospective buyer, an aspiring franchisee or a successful franchisor the answer to all your queries ends with the internet. It is only through this medium a franchisor or franchisee can inform, educate and promote their products to millions of people within a short span of time.
To put the best foot forward is to have a company website. Though social websites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter etc are coming up to market your brand and help you develop professional contacts but they may not prove enough as there may be limitation of space and exclusivity. Therefore, it is advisable to have an independent website of a company and send links to all the social websites.
There are a number of activities that you can experiment with while using a website as a marketing tool provided your brand’s website is enlisted so that your potential clients can access it during their search for related products and services.
- To create awareness: Internet is the best medium to create a mass awareness. New franchisors and franchisees can avail benefits of their websites as they can inform their prospective buyers of the opening of a new outlet.
- Products and services knowledge: You can furnish all the information of your products and services to the consumers sitting at home in different geographic locations. Also, most buyers are not sure of the brands that they want to acquire. Therefore, a personal website comes handy in selecting the brand by providing the details of the products and the ranges that they want to avail.
- Location of the outlets: A visit to the website can also inform the customers about the different locations of the outlets. Prospective buyers can be made aware of their preferred brand’s outlet. Providing the details of the address may also attract customers to find out the exact location.
- Feedback from consumers: A company website helps you to get feedback from the clients regarding your services and products. A feedback link is provided on all websites which informs the franchisors and franchisees about their brand performance and their shortcomings.
- Aspiring investors: In most of the websites there is a form for prospective investors. Franchisors can select the best aspiring franchisees according to the information provided in the form. Therefore, your search for suitable franchisees becomes easier. This can be vice-versa for the aspiring franchisees looking for the best brand and franchisor.
- Career opportunities: Having a website also assists the franchisors and franchisees to search for the most suitable and well-qualified employees. The rigorous process of advertising in newspapers etc., and getting applications is not required any more.
Cautions before developing a website: Some points to consider before creating your website:
- Easily navigable: Visitors do not spend much time on every website. The website should be user-friendly and lucidly designed to grab the attention of the viewers.
- Easily readable: Sales can be maximised by a website which impresses its clients with simplicity rather than complexity. Language should be simple and the font size used should be standardised.
- Expressive copy: A well-written write-up is the key to a successful website. Your copy should inculcate all the key words that can be put in search engines.
- Updating website: A website which is not updated may disappoint regular visitors with its stale information.
To conclude, franchising is touching dimensions and having web portals in this hi-tech era would certainly open doors to new business opportunities and help maximise profits.