JFL launches Dunkin’ Donuts in India
May 09, 2012
Dunkin’ Donuts, a baked goods and coffee chain based in the US, has officially been launched in India yesterday. The company has opened the flagship store at Connaught Place, New Delhi. In 2011, Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd (JFL), India’s largest Food Service Company, signed an agreement with Dunkin’ Donuts to bring the brand’s restaurants to India. The Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant branded as ‘Dunkin’ Donuts & More’ will offer the best of its international menu along with menu tailor-made to suit the Indian market. The menu will comprise a wide range of Donuts, Dunkin’ original blend drip coffee, espresso based beverages, along with menu options developed especially for India. Furthermore, the beverages menu has also been expanded with fruit milkshakes, smoothies and tea. JFL plans to open around 10 stores in the FY13. Further, over next five years, it is aiming to open 80-100 stores in India
“We are happy to launch our first Dunkin Donuts location in the heart of the city today. Given our deep understanding of Indian consumers, we have gone the extra mile to innovate and offer a Dunkin’ Donuts menu that brings the best of what the brand has to offer internationally, while keeping the needs of Indian consumers in mind”, states Ajay Kaul, CEO, Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. family of companies.
- Celebrity chef Eric Lanlard to spread his wings wider via the franchise route
- Franchise India to bring Oriental Food Chain in India
- Karmik, first Indian store now in Pakistan
- Fatburger Signs on For 25 Units in India
- Clarks aims 100 standalone stores
- Willy Winkies to expand via franchising
- Spring Air opens first outlet in Gujarat
- Chennai gets its first Park Hyatt hotel
- Visionnaire launches first store in India
- Govt permits 51% FDI in multi-brand retail