Welcome Guest

Businessex.Com
Home Article Starting Up Business Opportunity  Fish farming made easy!

Fish farming made easy!

If you have passion for fish farming, there are many banks to support you provided you know the best way of going about it. Here is an insight:

BY Entrepreneur  |  Jun 09, 2011 comments ( 39 ) |

If you are thinking of owning a fish farm, understand the specific steps that need to be taken to achieve success:

• Business and financial plan: Make a business plan and a marketing strategy. Find out how much you will be required to invest. Next step would be to juggle loan options. Also make a calculation of the break even and the interest plan of the loan.

Statement showing Financial Analysis for Composite Fish Culture in New Ponds(Indicative)

NABARD

101,106

6. BCR

1.51:1

D. IRR

25 %

Rate of Refinance

NABARD provides refinance assistance for fish culture to commercial banks, cooperative banks and regional rural banks. The rate of refinance is fixed by NABARD from time to time.

Rate of Interest

Interest rate to be charged to the ultimate borrowers would be as indicated by bank/RBI/NABARD from time to time depending on quantum of loan amount and the agency providing the loan.

• Obtain a business license/Incorporation: Obtain a business license and register your company.
  • Type of fish: Decide on the type of fish you would like to breed. Do you want more than one type of fish? It is better to check fish variety in that region.

Fish species involved in composite fish culture

Depending on the compatibility and type of feeding habits of the fishes, the following types of fishes of Indian as well as Exotic varieties have been identified and recommended for culture in the composite fish culture technology :

Species Feeding habit Feeding zone

Exotic carps

Silver carp

Phytoplankton feeder

Surface feeder

Grass carp

Herbivorous

Surface, column and marginal areas

Common carp

Detritivorous/Omnivorous

Bottom feeder

Choosing a Pond

A fish pond should have enough space for the fishes to swim. There has to be a system to control the temperature of the water and create a habitat that suits that particular breed of fish. For example, if the fish needs warmer water, you should have lakes and ponds for the fish as well as a way to maintain the temperature of water. Clean the pond periodically.

The area under tanks and ponds available for warm fresh water aquaculture is estimated to be 2.85 million ha. In additition 0.78 million ha of swamps, beels, etc. and low lying water logged area not good for agriculture as also any agriculture land can be converted for fish farming. Out of the total inland fish production around 60% is contributed by the culture sector. The average productivity from ponds at present is to the tune of 2160 kg/ha/year. This shows the tremendous scope for fish culture in the country. The area of 4.56 lakh ha brought under scientific fish culture by 1997-98 is only 16% of the potential area of tanks and ponds available for development showing immense possibilities for horizontal expansion of composite fish culture.

Selection of Pond:

The main criteria to be kept in mind while selecting the pond is that the soil should be water retentive, adequate supply of water is assured and that the pond is not in a flood prone area. Derelict, semi derelict or swampy ponds can be renovated for fish culture by dewatering, distillation, repair of the embankments and provision of inlet and outlet. The pond may be owned by the individual or taken on lease in which case the lease period should be more or coterminous with the repayment period. The eligible items of pond development are as follows:

i)

Distilling of existing ponds

ii)

Deepening of shallow ponds.

iii)

Excavation of new ponds.

iv)

Impoundment of marginal areas of water bodies.

v)

Construction / repairs of Embankments.

vi)

Construction of Inlets / Outlets.

vii)

Any other item like civil structures, watchmen huts, water supply arrangements / electricity supply arrangements etc. depending on requirements of the project based on its size etc.

• Find market: For finding a market to sell your fish, know the small shops from big stores and the transport medium to carry live as well as dead fish.

With inputs from NABARD bankable model

Please add your comment

Kumar

May 30, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Hi,I am very much interested in the project.I want to do at slightly bigger scale. Please provide / guide me with details as I am ready to proceed with this project.Regards

Hamza Nadeem

May 09, 2015 at 5:13 am

Interesting article. I think you will also find this article interesting.

Amit giri

May 01, 2015 at 7:46 am

I am interested so plz ccontact me9713509216 urgent

Kranthi

April 29, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I am thinking to start this business and will finalize based on the confidence I gain with the answers I get. I have 3 acres of land in which I have a plan of implementing fish farming. Please provide me details on 1. equipment needed, 2. is it mandate to have a dug land and create a pond or else can we also have artificial Tanks setup, 3. Cost incurred in setting up various size tanks that are fit for 3 acres land and different fish breeds. as I am rookie to this I have no much questions in my mind on this but if you have anything that help me gain confidence and proceed further to take it up please share it. Appreciate your quick response on this, Thank you :).

satish reddy k

April 20, 2015 at 12:14 pm

I am interested in this business.If possible, please send me the total details soon.

Rahim Rajpari

April 17, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Dear Sir,Thanks a lot for a very impressive post. I am really interested to start this business but the info available over the net is limited or not meant for Indian scenario. Could you please help with some additional info as to which institutes could be contacted for help, etc...

Dr. Sunil Kumar

April 05, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Hi I have gone through all the details of article could you please provide any place where training for Fishing Farming is available.Thanking YouDr. Kumar

rahul gaisamudre

November 17, 2014 at 12:20 pm

i have 20 acre land i am starting this business but i need all details about this project.

dlsriva@gmail.com

May 01, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I am interested in this business.If possible, please send me the details soon.

S.M.Hussain

February 17, 2013 at 4:42 pm

if i start this business i want to know few more details are as follows. 1. what will be the size of the artificial pond? 2. How much cost will incurred to create artificial pond? 3. is there any new technology which i can imply ? 4. overall how much space is require to run this business? 5. to run this business which licenses are required?

naresh bhandari

December 22, 2012 at 11:30 am

I am very intrested to start this business i want to know few more details are as follows. 1. what will be the size of the artificial pond? 2. How much cost will incurred to create artificial pond? 3. is there any new technology which i can imply ? 4. overall how much minimum space is require to run this business? 5. to run this business which licenses are required. your guidance is very appriciated from bottom of my heart.

somashekar

December 11, 2012 at 11:35 am

we have built a pond, which can store upto 6 Lakh Lt. water for fish forming. in our 6.5 acre of land I just want to know, whether any banks will fund for fish forming

pranay

December 02, 2012 at 8:14 pm

i am very much interested in this...send me the details

Amit Patel

October 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Dear Sir, As we understand that this is a lucrative business. we would require certain details on this business model. What will be the size of the artificial pond? is there any ration between the size of the pond and the number of fishes? How much cost will incurred to create artificial pond, including automatic systems for filter, feeding and oxygen? is there any new technology which is renowned and globally accepted? Incase, we have land area of 300 acres? what kind of capital is required to start up such an operation. What kind of licenses are required for this business? Do we have any consultants in India that can guide us with the entire operations? What is the break even time frame with this kind of business? Can the fishes and the ponds be insured?Apart from this I have a list of related Q's. Kindly get back to us asap. Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

ragu

September 04, 2012 at 9:21 pm

im very interested to starts up this busines

PET FOOD RETAILIN/DISTRIBUTIO/END USE

August 31, 2012 at 12:49 pm

We are leading poultry breeding feeding & processing company ,entering in petfood making & marketing in india.so,you can have business opertunities with us

Neeraj M

August 27, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I am interested. Want deep knowledge abt size, water and which fish gives u return fast.

sunil

September 05, 2011 at 11:44 am

i m interested in this business, please let me know the details.

sanjeev shukla

September 02, 2011 at 4:27 pm

rohit maini

August 17, 2011 at 9:02 am

i am intrested to start milk dairy franchise business plz give me some suggestion

Ravindra Thakur

July 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm

i am interested to do,plz call on 9975981000 or reply details on my mail id

kanniyappan

July 27, 2011 at 12:43 am

S.Narendran

July 26, 2011 at 4:51 am

I am interested in this business. please send me the details soon. If i start this business i want to know few more details are as follows. 1. what will be the size of the artificial pond? 2. How much cost will incurred to create artificial pond? 3. is there any new technology which i can imply ? 4. overall how much space is require to run this business? 5. to run this business which licenses are required?

vineet

July 23, 2011 at 11:53 am

interested send me all d details

juned mirza

July 22, 2011 at 8:49 am

I am having agriculture land which is now N.A , of 7000 sq-ft area, wanted to know how to start fish farming.

Sonu Singh

July 21, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I am interested in this business.If possible,please send me the details on my email id .

usman wahab

July 18, 2011 at 7:45 am

i have a pound in my resort and i want the detail plan to start this business. and send me details of the buyers of the product

Navin Gaikwad

July 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Manoj Rathod

July 12, 2011 at 5:08 am

I am interested in this business.If possible, please send me the details soon My contect no. 09879951269

Manoj Rathod

July 12, 2011 at 5:06 am

I am interested in this business.If possible,please send me the details.

Ankit Doshi

July 09, 2011 at 1:18 am

VERY MUCH INTERESTED .... HOW DO I START ... ASAP +919824087955

sajidchauhan

July 08, 2011 at 11:24 am

I am a poultriy farmar and I am interested in this business. please send me detail.

rakesh rastogi

July 06, 2011 at 11:38 pm

i am interested in fish farming business so request you give full detail

ajay narayan tiwari

June 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm

helo sir i am interested in fish farming business so request you give full detail

SHUBHENDRA SRIVASTAVA

June 28, 2011 at 8:16 am

I am interested in this business.If possible, please send me the details At my Email id .

javid

June 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I am interested in this business.If possible, please send me the details soon.

Rahul Mathur

June 22, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I am pretty much interested in doing this type of business. Presently i am having a business of medicals & want to diversify my business totally. You are requested to contact me asap.RAhul MaThur, 09950846276

Simon John

June 19, 2011 at 1:34 am

I am interested in this business.If possible, please send me the details soon. Simon John,CEO (India Stars) Kerala. +91 9142203495

Vijay

June 17, 2011 at 12:05 am

We Have to Start A Business.

Rating
Not readable? Change text. Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)
  Notify me of follow up comments via e-mail   Subscribe for daily newsletter