7part time consulting businesses
Be a weekend entrepreneur or work a couple of hours every day.
Consulting business is the business of knowledge, experience and skill. If you have spent a few years working in a particular area or are naturally blessed with a certain skill, you should try the option of advising people in the same area and making business out of it. Here‘s your chance to be a part time boss and make money without really investing much.
- Sales: Are you a born sales person exceeding targets and earning huge incentives in your company? Why not sell your expertise to others. This is one skill all entrepreneurs, manufacturers, dealers or retailers need to know. Begin with small training program to train the sales people employed at small and medium companies or may be neighborhood retail stores.
- Green Consultant: Green businesses are becoming the rage and companies are flaunting the green tag to present them as environmentally responsible. However not everyone knows how to go green. Become a green consultant and show businesses how to save energy, cut down on paper use, and make other eco-friendly changes, and you’ll also be showing them how to save money. They will rather use the saved to avail your services.
- Social Media : Are you a straight out of college technology geek and have spend umpteen hours on twitter and facebook. You must have mastered the art of using twitter, facebook fan page and other social media tools to attract thousands of followers. Why not teach others to do this for their businesses. Your clientele would not be limited to businesses. Even celebrities, professionals, government employees and the educated and not so internet savvy people can be targetted as your clients.
- Image/Style consultant: Had you taken up a short term self-grooming course in your late teens and then forgotten about it. Or fashion, style and etiquette comes naturally to you and you gossip around about the compliments you always get on your styling sense. There is a pretty huge number of people out there who are as style conscious as you but do not know the hows. Become a makeover expert, or a style specialist and you are about to shine out even more.
- Human Resources: Often people spend a good number of years working in a particular field but can’t think of becoming a consultant in the same. Human resource is one area. If you are a HR expert, you can work for yourself as an HR consultant. Companies use HR consultant to help them draw a compensations plan, performance review or appraisal plan, compile handbooks and so on.
- Startup specialists: Are you a serial entrepreneur who knows what it takes to successfully get a new venture off the ground? Use that expertise to help other would-be entrepreneurs to realize their dreams of business ownership. You can further super specialise in this area. Be a business plan consultant, hiring expert or offer advice on negotiating leases, getting a business loan, obtaining licenses and permits, launching the business and whatever a startup needs to get going. This is a high potential untapped area which you can cash in on.
- Technology: If you sleep, eat and drink technology, this can be the right area of consulting for you. Technology is the handicap for many small and medium businesses who cannot afford to hire a expensive, tech-consultant to fulfill their needs. Businesses need tech consultants to determine their requirements of computers, servers, hosting plans, etc. You can serve several clients at once by working on multiple projects at the same time, thus making good money.
Please add your comment
Rakhi SharmaJuly 29, 2011 at 12:00 am
I am having an experience of 18 years + in the field of customer services , credit and collection. Wants to start my own consultancy . Suggest me how
PRAKASHJuly 07, 2011 at 8:38 am
would like to start a style consultant business. Please guide me.
Hari KirshnaJune 08, 2011 at 1:50 am
I would be interested in taking up the Human Resources part time job. Please let me know the procedure to sign up an agreement.
AJAYMarch 11, 2011 at 9:19 am
i would be interested to start up a new venture.
Sunny KalraJanuary 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm
I'm planning to open an Online Marketing + Social Media + Online Advertising Consulting Business. Any help would be highly appreciated. contact email@example.com
Sunny KalraJanuary 20, 2011 at 3:09 pm
I'm planning to open a Online-Marketing + Social-Media + Online Advertising Consulting Business. Any help would be highly appreciated. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
sureshJanuary 18, 2011 at 2:17 am
looking for some more valuable suggestions contact email@example.com
pankaj guptaDecember 12, 2010 at 5:21 am
article is nice for freshers. guide me about tech consultant. contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prem JaiswalJune 07, 2010 at 6:57 am
Would like to know about Tech Consultant. Let me know more on this.
shamshad usmaniJune 06, 2010 at 10:14 am
Can one open a consultancy in just any field. Please reply.
Anuj sethJune 03, 2010 at 11:50 am
I am planning to start a new HR Consultation agency for companies who want new employees or want to plan employment review or appraisal. Can you guide me how to go for it.
surbhiJune 03, 2010 at 2:38 am
Style consultancy has eversince taken my attention ....kindly guide me on the same.
Shuchi JainJune 03, 2010 at 2:32 am
Very nice article.I would like to become a style/fashion consultant.Please help.
sumitJune 01, 2010 at 5:02 am
I would like to start a style consultant business. Please guide me.
Najmul LaskarMay 28, 2010 at 10:00 am
Very nice article.