Debutant Jun, 25 2015

KidZania will say hello to other metros soon

By Ekta Sharma Verma, TFW Bureau
KidZania will say hello to other metros soon

Mexico-based brand, KidZania is expanding fast in India. KidZania focuses on learning for kids through role play. Master Franchisee for India, KidZania India CMO, Viraj Jit Singh spoke to us exclusively on KidZania expansion plans and how this edutainment concept is ruling the hearts of kids across the globe. 

When did KidZania enter India?

Global indoor theme and edutainment park brand, KidZania provides children and their parents a safe, unique, and realistic educational environment that allows kids between the ages of 4-16 to do what comes naturally to them. We launched in India in 2013. Now parents have really changed. They wish to inspire their children and wish to let them do things on their own. There were many amusement parks but no such edutainment world like KidZania. Here, children can explore and choose to role-play from 90 exciting careers like pilot, surgeon, RJ, chef, fire-fighter etc. Each experience has been created to enable children and give them the confidence to be the best version of themselves, and play their parts as future global citizens. In 21 months, KidZania Mumbai has attracted over 750,000 visitors. As a concept that drives fun through learning, over 300 schools have sent 2,00,000 kids to KidZania through their school excursion program.

Tell us about your stakeholders and industry partners in KidZania.

Our industry partners include Coca-Cola, Cadbury Dairy Milk, Mad Over Donuts, Costa Coffee, Yes Bank, Shiamak Davar International (India) Pvt. Ltd., the Times of India, Star India, Amity University and many more. Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan owns 26% stake in Kidzania and the remaining 74% is owned by Singapore-based KidZ Inc.

“I love kids and entertainment; here was a business that had both these elements. It is a product which is close to my heart, it is for kids and it is entertaining. All that I want to do"- 

Bollywood Superstar Shahrukh Khan on KidZania

What are the challenges to run such a unique and vast model like KidZania?

It is imperative to have the right manpower and team to run projects like KidZania. We are spread across 75,000 sq. ft in Mumbai and we have been extremely lucky to have a great team support of around 300 supervisors who make things even easier day and night. The most challenging part for us was explaining the parents about how today’s children wish to be independent. Initially, parents used to stand in line for doing things on behalf of their children but now children are allowed to be on their own and decide for themselves and choose the correct role play at KidZania.

What are your expansion plans for coming years?

We are soon coming up with a 97,000 sq. ft location in NCR/Noida- Delhi region. After Delhi our target is Bengaluru. A lot of special aspects will be seen at both locations. We plan to have three operational KidZania by end of 2017.

Where are you present globally?

KidZania has its presence in 15 global markets. We are soon launching new centres in London, Singapore, Manila, Doha, Moscow. We have entertained more than 42 million visitors worldwide

What are your expansion plans for coming years?

KidZania India’s next project, ‘KidZania Delhi NCR’ is located at the Entertainment City in Noida which is a 147 acre development housing the largest retail and entertainment destination in Delhi NCR, run by IRRPL a joint venture between Unitech and Appu Ghar family. KidZania will be a standalone structure across 3 levels and 97,000sq.ft.  It is scheduled to launch in Q1 2016. After Delhi our target is Bengaluru. A lot of special aspects will be seen at both locations. We plan to have three operational KidZania by end of 2017.

Related: Get Happily Married to the Brand

Click Here to add Comment
Please add your Comment
Rating
Sell Business 2016
Sell Franchise 2016
Daily Newsletter

Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities.

Most Section




Entrepreneur The Franchising World Retailer 2016




BOS
Newsletter Signup
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities.
Franchise India Holdings Ltd

Copyright © 2009 - 2016 Franchise India Holdings Ltd.

The information contained herein is of generic nature only, and Franchise India is not, by means of this website or any part thereof, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that might affect your finances or business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. Your use of this website or any of its pages or links given, is at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your usage. With respect to use of the website, kindly visit www.franchiseindia.com/terms.

X

Tell us what you think!