WH Smith India
No. of Franchise Outlets: --
Investment: Rs. 20lac - Rs. 30lac
UK’s Legendry Convenience Store Chain
Established in 1828, WHSmith is United Kingdom’s most popular chain of convenience stores spread across the world. Offering something for everyone, WHSmith retail stores focus on a one stop shop solution. A well-known Convenience Store operator, stationer, bookseller and newsagent with a rapidly expanding international estate, WHSmith has over 1300 convenience stores across the UK and abroad in two formats – Travel and High Street.
70 plus retail stores- Airports-(Delhi, Hyderabad, Cochin), Metro-(Delhi Metro, Mumbai Metro, Delhi Airport Express Metro), Hospitals-(Fortis Group of hospitals), Corporate Offices-(Samsung R&D Centre)
WHSmith Product Offerings
- Food (Fresh food, Ready to eat food)
- Confectionery- Indian & Imported range of Chocolates, Snacks, Crisps, Mints & Gums)
- Beverages- Indian & Imported range of Water, Aerated beverages, Juices, Energy Drinks, Milk based drinks, Tea & Coffee
- Everyday Essentials (Health & Beauty products, Personal Care products, OTC medicines, Travel accessories
- Electronic Accessories and Gadgets
- Indian & Imported Toys
- Gifts & Stationary
- Souvenirs & Handicrafts
- Newspapers & Magazines (local and international titles)
- Books (Indian & International fiction, non-function, children’s and travel)
- Mobile Recharge/DTH/Utility Bill payments/Select Concierge Services
Great Reasons to Franchise with WHSmith
- UK’s leading retail conglomerate with proven success in India market
- Continuous revenue flow due to sales of every day commodities
- Attractive margins offered on all products
- Increased revenue due to value–added services
- Comprehensive guidance & support provided
Comprehensive Franchisor Support
- The franchisor will provide comprehensive guidance and support to its franchisees, right from day one to throughout their agreement, ensuring mutual growth and profitability.
- Set Up:The franchisorwill assist in choosing the ideal location, layout plan, architectural design and complete set up of the store.
- Training:In-depth training of staff, support and material covering quality checks, accounting, reporting, point of sales and customer service standards would be provided.
- Inventory:The franchisor will play a major role in stock supply, control checks on goods delivery, replenishment ordering and product range maintenance.
- Operations Guidelines:The franchisorwill provide Operations Guidelines to maintain uniformity and run the franchised set up as per company guidelines.
- Advertising & Promotions: The franchisor will organize events specific to marketing/branding of WHSmith stores, including participation in expos, sponsoring events, tie ups with publications and much more.
WHSmith intends to expand its presence across India through Franchising. The company aims to open over 300 stores by the year 2022 in different formats at locations like Metros, High Street, Malls, Neighborhood locations, Hospitals, Corporate Parks to name a few.