No. of Franchise Outlets: --
Investment: Rs. 30lac - Rs. 50lac
Distributors Invited World’s Fourth Largest Oil & Gas Company
Total is popular for its wide range of world-class automotive lubricants. Company’s lubricants division has a growing network of 39 depots, 300 distributors and 35,000 dealers in India.
TOIPL offers a wide range of automotive and industrial lubricants under the brands – TOTAL & ELF. The automotive range includes engine oils for commercial vehicles, two-wheelers, passenger cars, farm equipment & coolants, greases, brake fluids, gear oils, etc.
Keeping with the times, the company has also introduced a range of fuel-economy engine oils for two-wheelers, cars and commercial vehicles. It also deals in industrial lubricants like auto components, steel, power, infrastructure, cement, chemical, textiles, food processing, etc.
Superior technology products have helped TOIPL’s lubricants division to gain partnership with various original equipment manufacturers and industrial companies. It works closely with leading automobile manufacturers, such as Maruti Suzuki, General Motors, Mahindra Automotive Distributors, Renault Nissan, Volvo, Daimler Chrysler, Mahindra & Mahindra, TELCON, TATA Motors, International Tractors Ltd., TAFE, Mercedes Benz Buses, M&M Swaraj, M&M Construction, Royal Enfield, etc.
TOIPL has state of the art plant at Mahape, Navi Mumbai with blending capacity of 60,000 metric tons. In its continuing commitment towards quality, the company has upgraded its quality system to ISO/TS 16949:2009 from QS9000:1998. In keeping up with its objective towards protection of environment & safe workplace, the company has obtained ISO 14001:2004 certification and working for OHSAS 18001:2007 certification.
Technical Centre in India
TOIPL’s research and technical support centre in Navi Mumbai is a first of its kind outside France. The centre caters to the Asia Pacific region – a growing market accounting for one-third sales of lubricants in the industry. Besides providing technical support, the centre develops local formulations and meets the specific needs of the Asian market. Notably, Total is a part of the R&D Club of French Companies operating in India.
Ideal Distributor Profile
TOIPL invites progressive entrepreneurs with a proven track record of taking calculated risks and background of creating successful business in their area of operation.
- Professional and smart businessmen with strong business sense, IT knowledge and knowhow of the local market
- Logistics setup – Warehouse space, Delivery Vans and other necessary infrastructure
- Ability to service and deliver products in large territory (2-3 districts) assigned
- Good relationship skills & large network in the market
- Ability to work on local marketing and issues arising out of competitive action
- Ability to efficiently manage the sales team in terms of reviews, efforts and workflow planning
- Prior experience in selling/distribution of lubricants and allied products like auto spares or other hardware products is an advantage
- Understanding of distribution business, especially Funds Rotation and Cash Flow Management
- Financially sound to scale up business by providing enough working capital and other required infrastructure during growth spurt is critical
- Ability to timely collect money from the market
Role & Responsibilities
- Work in clearly defined area of operation
- Should not stock/sell competitive brands
- Supply products as per company approved prices
- Purchase initial stock of estimated monthly sales through 100% advance payment
Business & Growth Prospects
Indian auto industry is poised for growth and that would result in growth for lubricants. India would need high quality and fuel economy lubricants as the OEM hardware is being upgraded. Total as a multinational company brings great experience in quality products. A Distributor can expect 10% year-on-year growth on being associated with Total, based on assessment of opportunity available.
Extensive Franchise Support
TOIPL will continuously assist distributors in monitoring & managing their business to make sure that the best business practices get implemented, to run it on profit as well as to have satisfied customers.
- Site Selection: The Company will provide distributor with clear guidelines for a suitable location.
- Training: The Company will provide complete sales & product training support to introduce the concept and product information to the distributors.
- Marketing: The Company will provide national marketing support, thus triggering sales by bringing more business. The Company will also support the distributors in framing local marketing strategies.
- Incentives: The Company will declare Annual Target Incentives based on the target achieved by the distributor.
- Merchandise: The Company will provide printed materials like brochures, pamphlets, flex banners on cost basis.
- Promotions & Events: The Company in association with the distributors will provide assistance in organizing local promotional activities and events.