No. of Franchise Outlets: Less than 10
Investment: Rs. 2lac - Rs.5lac
Sahaja Aharam brings Organic Products franchise model for you to explore and start a new business!
Sahaja Aharam Producer Company Ltd., (SAPCL) is a federation of several producer cooperatives spanning across the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Maharashtra. SAPCL is an initiative to connect farmers with Consumers (F2C) and building their entrepreneurial skills and linking their institutions to markets (B2B).
Today, we are a family of 20 producer cooperatives, 1 consumer cooperative, 2 producer companies, working with 500 third party certified organic farmers 2500 PGS organic farmers and 1500 organic in-conversion farmers.
What do we do?
We work with farmers directly. We help them with better production planning; crop management; bio-inputs & post harvest management. We also facilitate farmers’ access to formal credit, insurance and markets.
To sustain the efforts we facilitate institution building of producers. In a small way we procure agricultural and allied products from the producers’ institutions and pay them the best prices along with premium because of their concerns for the environment, safe food and the efforts for organic practices.
What do we deal with?
- Cereals: Sonamasuri Rice, Semi-polished Rice, Brown Rice, Red Rice, Wheat & Multigrain Atta
- Millets: Finger Millet, Foxtail Millet, Sorghum & Pearl Millet
- Pulses: Red gram, black gram, Bengal gram & horse gram
- Oils: Groundnut oil & seasame oil
- Spices: Ginger, Chillies, turmeric, garlic, onions, cardamom, cinnamon, clove & pepper
- Sweetners: Khandasari-sugar, Brown sugar, sugarcane jaggery, sugarcane jaggery powder, palm jiggery & palm jaggery powder
- Personal care products: soaps & shampoo powder
- Seeds: Paddy, cotton, redgram, soya, bengalgram, vegetables & flowers
SAPCL will supply the products within seven days after receiving the written indent from the Franchise.
- The minimum order must be to the tune of Rs.50000-00.
- SAPCL will not take back unsold products from the Franchise unless there is a quality issue raise within a week.
- Damages during transportation: The Franchisor takes the responsibility of delivering the products in good condition to the agreed store/ warehouse of the Franchise. In the event of any damage during transportation the liability rests with the Franchisor.
- The cost of transport will be borne by the franchise.
Role of Franchise
The franchise makes a written application to the franchisor. All the obligations of the “Franchise” under this agreement will be legal, valid and binding obligations enforceable in accordance with its terms.
The franchise declares that there are no proceedings pending against the franchise, which may have an adverse effect on the ability of the franchise to perform and meet its obligations under this agreement.
- The franchise is ready with its own retail space-whether self owned or taken on a lease on a long term basis.
- The minimum space of the retail unit should not be less than 600 sq ft.
- Franchise will not enter into direct agreements with any other Franchisor or any similar entity in India for selling of similar products supplied by SAPCL, for the duration of this agreement.
- The Intellectual Property Rights including the products, processes and strategies will rest with SAPCL.
- Sahaja Aharam is a brand registered by Centre for Sustainable Agriculture and ‘SAPCL’ is the sole licensed user of the brand.
The Franchise is required to:
- Have a written agreement with the franchisor,
- Have a dedicated retail location of about 600 to 1000 sq. ft, either owned or leased in on a long-term basis.
- Preferably, a separate warehouse.
- Invest in the furniture, fixtures and other equipment
- Make a refundable security deposit to the franchisor
- Does not get into similar business agreement with any other company while the contract is in vogue
- Comply to all relevant laws and licenses of the land
The Franchisor on its part will provide:
- Assign a specific geographical location as its territorial right.
- Goods and commodities on a regular basis against the indent
- Ensure quality
- Take responsibility for transportation damage
- Carry out promotional activities to increase business turnover
- Introduce new products to increase sales volumes
- Integrate the Franchise details in its web portal
- Pass on online orders to the franchise from the franchise’s location.
Interested in above franchise model? Connect now to know more.
Sahaja Aharam Team