Hotline No: 1800 103 2007

Welcome Guest

Popular Search:
Education Franchise, Retail, Food,
Franchise, School Franchise

Robotics: A Hi-Tech Franchise Biz

Tags: robotic manufacturing, retailing businesses, franchise, entrepreneurs, Pulkit Gaur, Founder and CTO, Gridbots Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Entrepreneurship, franchise business opportunity

BY Ramanjit Kaur | September 15, 2010 | comments ( 37 ) |

Robotics: A Hi-Tech Franchise Biz

Utilisation of robotic products is rapidly catching up, offering a fertile ground to enter the arena of robotic businesses. Franchising is further adding to the popularity of this hi-tech industry. Read on to know more...

In a technology driven era, robotic retailing is gaining great momentum by drawing attention from wide spectrum of industries such as defence and surveillance, movies, hospitality, education and many more. These industries are making full use of this highly efficient technology for day-to-day domestic activities, industrial applications, and educational purposes. Yet the automation and robotics are yet to emerge as a lucrative franchise business opportunity in India, though robotics business across the globe has always been a money-spinning prospect with industrial robots having the biggest share in the manufacturing world.

Growing as a promising industry

In India, robotic manufacturing and retailing businesses is gearing up and have started marking their presence felt in a big way. There are significant players in the industry like automation and robotics manufacturing-Precision Automation and Robotics India, Gridbots, India Robotics and Automation, Hitech Robotic Systemz, J Robotics Technologies, TRI Technosolutions, ABB, Rockwell, Kuka Robotics, Motoman, and Hyundai Robotics and so on. Though these companies are in the business of robotics for years now but very few have opted for the franchise model to expand their brands.

The industry is speculated to witness a rise in the demands for both industrial and service robotic products. Thus, it is going to provide a complete new sphere of franchise business trends for the entrepreneurs today. As for the career growth, the industry also has great job opportunities.

Franchising, the way forward

Franchising considered as the best mode to expand the presence of a brand as it combines the experience and expertise of the franchisor and financial capability along with enthusiastic approach of the aspiring entrepreneur. Expansion of a business at the national level usually proves to be a cumbersome and expensive task. However, franchising makes it easier for both parties to fulfill their respective objectives. As Pulkit Gaur, Founder and CTO, Gridbots Technologies Pvt. Ltd states, “We have taken the franchise route because we have always believed in ‘Together we can do better’. We are a company which was incubated by CIIE (Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship), therefore the infrastructure facilities, financial resources were always short at our disposal. But when we decided to roll out robots for retailing and imparts education of robotics; we needed a team of likeminded people who are sound both in academic as well as financial spectrums.”

Franchise business is best suited for

As the business is highly technical and requires great expertise and strong financial background, therefore like mindedness in academics and financial spectrum are pivotal. If you are interested in this unique business opportunity, all you need to do is to invest an amount that may range from Rs 10 lakh to 15 lakh. Besides this, you should have a minimum of 1250 sq. ft of office space (carpet area) at a semi-commercial location. Good business contacts in the industry and academia can be an added advantage for the franchisees.

Benefits of taking up a robotic franchise

Once you have taken this franchise business opportunity, you will realise the major benefits of it. Franchising allows the franchisees to leverage all the required support and hand holding, that is necessary during the initial phases of the business. Some of the companies who are into franchising also work on revenue sharing model, where franchisors assist their franchisees open a company signature store.

Associating yourself with a company like GridBots will relieve you from the entire technical burden, as the company provides you with well trained robotic engineers and business development managers. As Gaur said that their franchisees with the support of robo engineers, business development managers take care of the business interests of the company and of course their own in the following ways:

• Over the counter sales of robotic products
  • Conducting workshops at the robostores for the students
  • Set up Roblabs in the schools in the assigned territories.

Besides the recruitment and training of the franchisee’s staff, the company officials make regular visits at the franchised outlets to ensure smooth functioning of the franchise business company. The company also arranges lectures and workshops in schools and colleges for setting-up of Robolabs.

Conclusion

In short, it is expected that the industry will grow many folds in the coming years considering the immense potential in the Indian market. Robotics products are the need of the hour and franchising as a convenient mode of expansion will help the aspirants nurture their dreams in less time.

Related Articles

• Assess the right opportunity...

These days in franchise marketplace numbers of franchises being offered have increased with the acceptance of franchising by companies. While planning...

Please add your comment

praveen
April 09, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Reply |

Its a intresting oppertunity. I would like to know the product details and whether any technical knowledge required for the franchisee?

kulbir
February 01, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Reply |

Sir .., i think according to your details above its a good business opportunity in india

Wasim Haskiya
September 08, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Reply |

Hi,\r\n\r\nI am a mechanical Engineer in profession have PhD and Robotic Assembly, and would like to set up a business in Robotics. Could you help in this.\r\n\r\nRegards,\r\nWasim

ravi
August 06, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Reply |

i want to know more about this

Yoganand
July 10, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Reply |

My name is Yoganand K L N and I have done my B.Tech in MECHATRONICS batch (2008-2012). Can you please send me detail information about the business. I am interested in starting up a business in my field . Thanks in advance. With regards Yoganand.

A.P.NAVEENKUMAR
November 08, 2011 at 1:06 pm

wish to take franchisee

R.R.varma
May 07, 2011 at 12:20 am

Reply |

I am intrested in involving & associating in manufacture/ sale of the said equipments. Pls let us discuss. Regards, Varma

Bridge education services pvt ltd
March 07, 2011 at 11:21 am

Reply |

please send more detail about franchise and investment,we are very much interested to start this course in Chennai.

kiran
January 25, 2011 at 5:53 am

Reply |

i want take robotics franchise my own school is there please feed back ASAP regards kiran

A M Morawala
January 23, 2011 at 7:43 am

Reply |

Hi, I am an Electronics engineer, 53 years, with 30+ years experience in industry. Robotics & micro-controller based systems are my passion and my hobby. I have hands on experience in AVR, 8051 etc. I want to take up robotics and associated systems as self employment. Possible schemes include teaching basics (electronics, mechanics,etc) & building & selling. Can i get in touch with someone who can guide me on this path? I have limited monetary resources, but 10% interest. Thanks.

Mike
January 12, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Please send more info Thankyou

Nilima Mago
January 10, 2011 at 4:05 am

Reply |

My name is Nilima Mago and I have done my engg in Computer and Masers in MIS (with major in Management). Can you please send me detail information about the business. Thanks in advance. Regards Nilima

SACHIN TYAGI
December 30, 2010 at 7:57 am

Reply |

i am already involve in automation business.so.I am Interested this business. Pls. give more details for working profile & investment.

ishan Agrawal
December 11, 2010 at 6:06 am

Reply |

hi i m interested in the business. pls contact me. kind regards ishan agrawal

Laxmi Narayan Pati
December 10, 2010 at 9:11 am

Reply |

I am an MBA with Physics background.I need further information for setup the business. Me:regards Laxmi Narayan Pati

Raviprabha P Dayanandan
December 10, 2010 at 12:00 am

Reply |

Hi i am interested in the business pls send me the details by email

abhay agrawal
November 23, 2010 at 12:46 am

Reply |

hi i m intrested in the business. pls contact me. kind regar abhay agrawal

Hiren R.Chothani
October 25, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Reply |

please send more detail about franchise and investmen

mustafa hussain
September 26, 2010 at 5:43 am

Reply |

please send me the franceise availablity and addresses of the companies interested.

sanjay.c
September 23, 2010 at 7:30 am

Reply |

I am interested in this bizness idea, plz send me details.

Saibal Dutt
September 23, 2010 at 5:49 am

Reply |

I am a Business man operating an Export House and other business ventures. I am interested to know more about your Robotics business and also seek to be a franchisee in Kolkata. Please send me full details with terms.

Anil Patel
September 22, 2010 at 6:58 am

Reply |

I would like to have more information regarding the products and the business opportunity & do you need to have technical background?

RAMPAL
September 22, 2010 at 6:13 am

Reply |

BEING A Engg.(E&C) I AM INTERESTING IN THIS FRENCHISE IN (j&K) WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE

JEETENDRA SHARMA
September 21, 2010 at 4:00 am

Reply |

i would love to have more information regarding your products warranty period?

sreekanth babu s
September 21, 2010 at 12:56 am

Reply |

it seems very interesting business, would like to know more details.

Punit Kumar Gupta
September 19, 2010 at 8:21 am

Reply |

I am interested in this franchise opening in Rajasthan. Contact with me for rajasthan

Abhijit Shahapurkar
September 19, 2010 at 8:07 am

Reply |

i am interested. Pls send me the details of this business franchise.

indrajeet signgh
September 18, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Reply |

I am eager to know about robotics and want to take franchisee if available.Please provide me needful information.

NITIN VYAS
September 17, 2010 at 7:53 am

Reply |

I AM AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER WITH MORE THAN 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE.MY ELDER SON IS M.TECH DEGREE FROM I.I.T. DELHI. AND YOUNGER SON IS SOFTWARE ENGINEER.WE HAVE GOOD CONTACTS IN INDUSTRIES AS WELL AS IN ACADEMICS LEVEL LIKE SCHOOL, COLLEGES AND TUTION CLASSES ETC.WE HAVE LIMITED FUND TO INVEST.SHOW US THE WAY SO MUTUALLY WE GROW TOGATHER.

SRINIVAS DASARI
September 17, 2010 at 2:25 am

Reply |

Fantastic!!! Would like to know more in terms of innovative products that you make and details of how it will keep us survive in this upcoming market.

Abhijit Shahapurkar
September 17, 2010 at 1:35 am

Reply |

This is really emerging business in India . This article shares only general information. At initial stage I am interested more in the way actually how this business going to work? I am interested in more details of this Business .

Mahesh Chandak
September 16, 2010 at 12:41 pm

b gurudath rao
September 16, 2010 at 11:49 am

Reply |

i am interested, but are robotic products, what is the use please explain thank you

ATUL SHAH
September 16, 2010 at 1:09 am

Reply |

interesting business. send me details . can it be done without technical background ?

trilochen singh
September 16, 2010 at 12:33 am

Reply |

we would like to know more,see the products and see some examples of your products deployment in various fields.

Ashish Mathpal
September 15, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Reply |

This seams to be any upcoming good opportunity and I am interested to know in detail about this.

mitesh bhatt
September 15, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Reply |

I am Intrested. Pls. give more details for working profile & investment.

Rating

Not readable? Change text.

Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Daily Newsletter

Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities.

BOS

The Franchise World

News More

July 24, 2014 10:18 IST

Rudraksh makes its debut in Vadodra

Rudraksh, a multi-design store of Pune opened its first franchise outlet on Jetalpur road in Vadodara....

Franchise India

Sell Your Business

Whats New More

Advisory

Beware of the hidden costs in...

Many reasons can be attributed to a franchise failure. Besides the obvious reasons like...

...

Interviews More

Debutant

Way to a blossoming opportunity...

If flowers are your passion and making a career in the florist industry is all that you had...

Entrepreneur India